I just came across this US manufacturer of Handsaw. Traverse City , Michigan (God's Country)

may be this is posted before.

saw source

(12-15-2018, 12:10 AM)Jack01 Wrote: I just came across this US manufacturer of Handsaw. Traverse City , Michigan (God's Country)

may be this is posted before.

saw source

Erik Florip is a friend of mine. I can assure you that he is the real deal. He has a well equipped machine shop to which he is adding new machines on a regular basis. He makes all of the components himself which allows him to contain costs, thereby enabling him to offer saws at very reasonable prices. He even folds his own brass and steel spines. Much of the wood he uses for handles comes from trees he milled himself.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com

(12-15-2018, 07:45 AM)enjuneer Wrote: Erik Florip is a friend of mine. I can assure you that he is the real deal. He has a well equipped machine shop to which he is adding new machines on a regular basis. He makes all of the components himself which allows him to contain costs, thereby enabling him to offer saws at very reasonable prices. He even folds his own brass and steel spines. Much of the wood he uses for handles comes from trees he milled himself.

Beautiful work...excellent prices also!!!!!!!!! I love the folded brass backs!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jumped onto the 20" Panel Saw. I will see how 10ppi rip performs as a cross-cut.

Now, we wait..... And, wait. ...... (I went way beyond my hard-learned trust window this time. Maybe an email.)

(12-15-2018, 05:51 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Jumped onto the 20" Panel Saw. I will see how 10ppi rip performs as a cross-cut.

Now, we wait..... And, wait. ...... (I went way beyond my hard-learned trust window this time. Maybe an email.)

Sounds as though it's just him in the shop. 
Maybe he is working on a saw right at this moment(maybe even your's) and can not send an email...I am an impatient persons as well, but a few hours possibly even a day we should all be afforded too respond..

Btw the 'bench saw' looks like something that would fit the bill for me.
Bruce.

(12-15-2018, 08:14 PM)stillgotten Wrote: Sounds as though it's just him in the shop. 

Erik is a one-man shop. He is working on a large order and trying to catch up on his backlog of other orders after the article was published in Popular Woodworking.

hbmcc: He usually responds to my Facebook PM in just a few minutes, so maybe the email got misrouted somehow. Try sending it again.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com

(12-15-2018, 08:29 PM)enjuneer Wrote: hbmcc: He usually responds to my Facebook PM in just a few minutes, so maybe the email got misrouted somehow. Try sending it again.

No, I just ordered prior to my post.

I followed the third post (my original) here with an actual email to Florip. Normally I contact the web business and chat before ordering. No need to go any further.....
(12-15-2018, 08:14 PM)stillgotten Wrote: Btw the 'bench saw' looks like something that would fit the bill for me.

I am laughing about this whole thing. I have been accumulating old saws for at least two years. My favorite haunt is Deseret, even though they profess to not accepting tools. I picked up a couple Disston 12's there, but the handles need to be replaced. Trust me, I studied them a long time before giving up. I am adamant about the same apple antique, or a new one. Apple is impossible to find ... except the tree in my front yard. Right now the stump, of about 30-inches diameter is sitting in my driveway. 

All my previous Western saws (2) have been what I call toys because one was my first when about 6 years-old. They are 18 to 20 inch plates.

So now I buy another several decades later. 
Crazy  I hope I don't slam the toe into the wood I am cutting.
I don't need anymore saws, but his "bench saw" speaks to me. Don't know whether to order or to make my own. Dom, you still taking orders for saw plates?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Anyone cut with one of his saws before to see how well they are sharpened?

Does anyone know if he can customise handle size?
Another US made hand saw source