Where can I get a David Barron's or a Katz-Moses dovetail saw guide? I have looked in the usual places I go to but haven't found either one.

Tom

(01-06-2019, 04:53 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Where can I get a David Barron's or a Katz-Moses dovetail saw guide? I have looked in the usual places I go to but haven't found either one.

Tom

Highland Woodworking shows them. https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/sear...turer=1563 .

(01-06-2019, 05:11 PM)H Sycks Wrote: Highland Woodworking shows them. https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/sear...turer=1563 .
I didn't think of Highland. I am a little more interested in the Katz-Moses guide but thanks for answering with Highland. At least now I know where to get the David Barrons one.

Tom
Googled "Katz-Moses" and found this..............
Pictures and prices on the page.
https://www.katzmoseswoodworking.com/new...scut-guide

CONTACT
KATZ-MOSES WOODWORKING, 38 DEPOT ROAD UNIT B, GOLETA, CA, 93117, UNITED STATES JONATHAN@KATZMOSESWOODWORKING.COM

Thats where I bought mine.
War Eagle!
(01-06-2019, 04:53 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Where can I get a David Barron's or a Katz-Moses dovetail saw guide? I have looked in the usual places I go to but haven't found either one.

Tom

I'd think long and hard about that purchase. I believe those DT guides are a solution to a problem created by woodworkers who promoted and taught non traditional sawing techniques. I don't think much about right and wrong woodworking but there are approaches that lead to one problem after another. The simple solution is to saw the corners out.  Never start any saw cut with the blade resting on a flat surface. Even a circular saw or table saw start the cut at a corner.
Have found the "perfect" saw guide.....my left thumb.    Thumbnail to start guiding a cut...knuckle can then set about any angle needed, and guide the saw....tenons, dovetails, and box joints....just mark the lines you want cut, and mark which side of the line to cut...Knuckle can also keep the saw from tilting over..either the wrong way, or too far the right way...Price for this "saw guide" is also perfect.....IF you happen to have a left thumb...
Rolleyes   YMMV
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I would agree with Adam's post above. I have been cutting dovetails by hand (tails first!) for nigh on 17 years. For Christmas in 2017, my wife bought me the Barron guide and recommended Japanese saw (she always looks through my bathroom library for things to buy for presents). I found it counterintuitive to use, and my dovetails cut without a guide looked better. If you are a rank amateur, it will get you acceptable looking joints, however I would spend the time learning without guides.

To that end, I would recommend the Chris Swartz method of cutting a dovetail joint a day for thirty days, and then decide if you need a guide.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I am pretty sure Tom knows all of that and maybe has done tens of thousands of Dovetails.  However, there comes a point in live things Help with woodworking by keeping either the hand steady or makes it easy on the eyes.

I know I would love something like that to help me in doing any cutting with a handsaw. 
Yes   However I am just assuming about why Tom would like one.
Crazy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Stick around, Arlin....the desk unit I am working on will have handcut through dovetails....
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Dovetail sawing guide