My table saw blade has been in alignment for many years, probably due to not ever titling the blade to do a bevel cut. Recently I had to cut a 45 bevel cut and ever since I've set it back to 90 I cannot get my saw blade lined to the miter slot. I've got the tie-bars parallel & I've used a Pals to adjust the blade but if I have the blade aligned with the blade at maximum height when I lower it down to an inch above the table it will knock it out adjustment by 17 thousandths pinching the work piece between the fence and the rear of the blade. What am I doing wrong?

(02-14-2019, 01:07 AM)tedp Wrote: My table saw blade has been in alignment for many years, probably due to not ever titling the blade to do a bevel cut. Recently I had to cut a 45 bevel cut and ever since I've set it back to 90 I cannot get my saw blade lined to the miter slot. I've got the tie-bars parallel & I've used a Pals to adjust the blade but if I have the blade aligned with the blade at maximum height when I lower it down to an inch above the table it will knock it out adjustment by 17 thousandths pinching the work piece between the fence and the rear of the blade. What am I doing wrong?

Adjust the fence. Mine is about 1/32" out of parallel away from the back of the blade.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Never perform alignment with the blade cranked all the way up but about 1/8” or 1/4 below max instead.

When you reach max height the mechanism becomes a little nonlinear and twists.
What's happening is that if the blade is aligned at near maximum height when I lower it, it moves the blade to the right 17 thousandths and will pinch the stock at the back of the blade between the fence and the blade. I don't think my problem is an alignment problem, seems like the arbor is not going up and down parallel, it's tilting to the right. What would cause this?
Blade alignment on a PM 64A