HELP!

My project requires 1/4" - 4x8 Tempered Hardboard S1S material. I live in Georgia and have not been able to find a supplier closer than Texas or Pennsylvania. I am willing to travel to find what I need, Just want to find a supplier in the South East if possible.

I understand that S2S is easy to find, but must have S1S.

Thanks.

jerry

Was at Home Depot the last time I needed some.
WoodTinker

(04-04-2019, 11:50 AM)WoodTinker Wrote: Was at Home Depot the last time I needed some.

Home Depot, Lowes and every other lumber supplier I have contacted sell 1/8", and 3/16" in S1S. But 1/4" material is S2S.

S1S is much more common west of Mississippi River.
You might be able to special order some from the box stores. It will probably be costly (handling charge), but not as much as driving to Texas.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(04-04-2019, 12:23 PM)fredhargis Wrote: You might be able to special order some from the box stores. It will probably be costly (handling charge), but not as much as driving to Texas.

I have asked to place a special order with both HD and Lowes. They acknowledge that their west coast stores sell SIS material, but they cannot transfer materials from those stores to GA.

I have a call into Lowes corporate for a better answer, not optimistic though.
(04-04-2019, 11:43 AM)S1S Tempered Wrote: HELP!

My project requires 1/4" - 4x8 Tempered Hardboard S1S material. I live in Georgia and have not been able to find a supplier closer than Texas or Pennsylvania. I am willing to travel to find what I need, Just want to find a supplier in the South East if possible.

Thanks.

jerry

Neither Lowes nor HD sells tempered, smooth one side, Masonite where you are?  I live in NY and buy it at my local HD.  But if they don't have it where you are, have you tried a real lumber yard?  I have a local one where they either have what I need or can order nearly anything.  

John
same here - can't say I've ever seen it in S2S either
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Gotta ask why you need smooth one side only.

(04-04-2019, 03:42 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Gotta ask why you need smooth one side only.

I am replicating wood panels that cover the gas tank and spare tire in a '60's Triumph GT6.

I have found material in Texas, Virginia, Pennsylvania and New York. I live in Georgia.

It is possible that somewhere in the state of Georgia there is a lumber supplier that carries 1/4" S1S Masonite. After an exhaustive search, I have not found one.

My solution was to glue sheets of 1/8" Masonite together. At $6 per sheet and a little Titebond 3 produced and acceptable result. A lot of extra work but better than a drive to Texas.

Thanks for the advice.

jerry
(04-04-2019, 11:43 AM)S1S Tempered Wrote: HELP!

Thanks.

jerry

How about take a belt sander and rough it up a little?
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
Need help finding Masonite