A tree trimmer dropped off a load of ash some time ago, and it’s never quite made its way to the lathe. Due to checking and the warm weather, I decided to process blanks ranging from 5” - 12” diameter and 2” - 6” thick, so you’ll be stuck with dimensions as they are. There are probably 100+ at this point and am offering free to anyone who would like some and is in the area - they’re good for practice if nothing else. I travel a ton for work (only have 8 days home in March / April) so just not prepared to spend the time needed for packing and shipping. If interested in some, feel free to reach out and come get some. While I will be holding back some for me, thought I would start here and then the remaining will go to the local high school as practice material. This is all still green and the curls fly off.

I also have a number of olive in the 4” - 7” diameter size that are also available though they are in log / branch form (long enough to leave as is) - free as well.

John

(04-13-2019, 08:38 PM)jcredding Wrote: A tree trimmer dropped off a load of ash some time ago, and it’s never quite made its way to the lathe.  Due to checking and the warm weather, I decided to process blanks ranging from 5” - 12” diameter and 2” - 6” thick, so you’ll be stuck with dimensions as they are.  There are probably 100+ at this point and am offering free to anyone who would like some and is in the area - they’re good for practice if nothing else.  I travel a ton for work (only have 8 days home in March / April) so just not prepared to spend the time needed for packing and shipping.   If interested in some, feel free to reach out and come get some.  While I will be holding back some for me, thought I would start here and then the remaining will go to the local high school as practice material.  This is all still green and the curls fly off.

I also have a number of olive in the 4” - 7” diameter size that are also available though they are in log / branch form (long enough to leave as is) - free as well.

John

John

Can you tell me how much it would cost to ship some olive wood to me.  Just send me a PM.  I would love to get us some vase and bowl stuff.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Free Turning Blanks - Thousand Oaks, CA