I'm doing research on the JET AFS 1000B air cleaner.  From what I read, it seems this model has had some serious problems -- failure to turn off when it should, and other issues that pose a potential fire hazard.  The most recent account I read dates back to 2015.  According to what I read JET's customer service on this matter has been very poor, and most  who have encountered these problems customers say the company will not stand behind the product. (The company says the problems have to do with fluorescent lighting and they offer no more help than that.)  Needless to say I'm concerned.  Do you know whether this problem persists? Or has it been solve?  Thanks.

I've owned that model for 18+ years with no issues at all and I have fluorescent lighting.
(06-10-2019, 04:01 PM)jihhwood Wrote: I'm doing research on the JET AFS 1000B air cleaner.  From what I read, it seems this model has had some serious problems -- failure to turn off when it should, and other issues that pose a potential fire hazard.  The most recent account I read dates back to 2015.  According to what I read JET's customer service on this matter has been very poor, and most  who have encountered these problems customers say the company will not stand behind the product. (The company says the problems have to do with fluorescent lighting and they offer no more help than that.)  Needless to say I'm concerned.  Do you know whether this problem persists? Or has it been solve?  Thanks.

I bought that model in 1995 or there about. No problems , had fluorescent lights in old shop. New shop has regular bulb fixtures. Only problem I had was mother board was shot. Removed it and wired the motor to a wall switch. Runs full speed only. 
mike
This is the first time I've ever heard of a fire hazard with this model which I've owned for around 10 years. The only problem I've had with the unit is the mother board had to be replaced which wasn't cheap but easy to do. As I recall the cost was around $100. Since I live close to the Smyrna, TN Jet warehouse, I was able to pick it up quickly.

(06-10-2019, 05:59 PM)dg152 Wrote: This is the first time I've ever heard of a fire hazard with this model...

Ditto.
I will echo what others have said.

I have had that unit for over 20 years with fluorescent lighting in the shop with no problems.

This is the first I heard of a possible fire hazard.

Bill
I'm still trying to get the courage (cheapness) to spend the money for a new mother board. Now another reason to put that decision off some more.
I will follow the others. I've had it for at least 15 years and only this year the starter capacitor failed. It was about a $10 part. Many of the board failures are due to a capacitor on that board as well. (starter cap on the motor, run cap on the board). I started with that part as it was cheaper. I think a set of 5 was like 7 bucks shipped. It wasn't my issue though it was a easy fix with a soldering iron.
Thanks for the responses. Clearly, most folks who own the unit do not have the problem.  Nevertheless, I checked the Amazon reviews on the product, to see whether the problem is still being reported.  It is -- although it is  relatively rare.  Reports are continuing to come in -- including videos showing the problem in vivid detail.  One reviewer suggested the problem emerges when the filter is on the same circuit as the fluorescent lights. Another said his unit is OK -- he suspects the reason is that it is plugged into an outlet that can be switched son and off.
Never heard this either. I run mine on a dedicated line with a wall switch to shut it off. I don’t leave it running so I haven’t seen an issue it’s it not shutting down.
Don
JET Air Cleaner fire hazard?