Question 
have a bunch of the "normal" bits for brace drills.....2 or three sets...However, I have this "other" set..
Confused 
[attachment=18904]
Been using the two countersinks a lot...and a few of the skinnier ones for pilot holes....thinking these are more for drilling metal...

Now, there is also these 5 bits in the shop, snuck in via a box lot, one day...
Rolleyes
[attachment=18905]
That do not match anything I use in the shop.....any ideas?    Most have a "Morse"  New Bedford Mass    "High-speed CO"

All these are doing is rusting....would rather someone who could use them.....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Those are morse taper bits. Older drill presses often used those.
Morse taper bits were also used in lathes - tailstock or headstock, depending on the job being done. There are people who use them. Put them up on a machinist's site, if you can find one with a buy/sell forum; or put them up here and see what happens.

Those twist bits were, most likely, intended for metal, although maybe not so much for the modern metals - they're not likely high speed steel.
Yes. Very popular with the machinists
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(06-17-2019, 08:48 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. Very popular with the machinists

What sizes are they? Do you now what the taper is off hand?
BontzSawWorks.net
35/64", 15/32"....morse#2...
smaller one seems to be marked as 4/16"  #1 taper ( Chicago Latrobe?)

middle 2 seem to be different...logo has a diamond over "MAJOR"   and has an "H"  "S" in the box with the diamond.

Ring a bell?
(06-17-2019, 05:32 PM)bandit571 Wrote: have a bunch of the "normal" bits for brace drills.....2 or three sets...However, I have this "other" set..
Confused 

Been using the two countersinks a lot...and a few of the skinnier ones for pilot holes....thinking these are more for drilling metal...

Now, there is also these 5 bits in the shop, snuck in via a box lot, one day...
Rolleyes

That do not match anything I use in the shop.....any ideas?    Most have a "Morse"  New Bedford Mass    "High-speed CO"

All these are doing is rusting....would rather someone who could use them.....
Morse Twist Drill was located in New Bedford Ma. for many years and made quality industrial cutting tools.Well known for machinist tools..I have a set of #2 Morse taper shank drill for my South Bend Lathe..My late FIL worked at Morse many years ago.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I can't use those tapered shank bits....doesn't fit into anything I have....would rather they go to someone who could put them to work.
Cool ..rather than sit in a drawer to rust..
No ..they will fit in a small flat rate box....
Cool
Those bits fit my Atlas drill press. It’s an older press, at least 50 to 60 years old. I can’t help you though, as I have a full set from when I drilled bowling balls with it. Good luck in finding someone who can use them.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Should not be too hard to find someone who can use them. I’m all set on bits also, but both my Delta drill press and my Jet lathe are MT #2, and they are around 15 years old. In other words, they are still making machinery that uses the #2 MT.
Not the usual drill bits