My 3/8" impact driver at ~150psi can't make it budge. Note that I'm not actually pulling on the pulley--it's loose. The piece that mounts between the pulley and shaft won't come off.

Advice?
Semper fi,
Brad

(07-07-2019, 05:30 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My 3/8" impact driver at ~150psi can't make it budge.  Note that I'm not actually pulling on the pulley--it's loose.  The piece that mounts between the pulley and shaft won't come off.

Advice?

Try to heat just the taper lock hub with a torch to expand it and break the rust lock.
Yup. Propane torch ( flame wrench ).
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Duh.

I knew this.

At some point in the past!
Semper fi,
Brad

(07-07-2019, 05:30 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My 3/8" impact driver at ~150psi can't make it budge.  Note that I'm not actually pulling on the pulley--it's loose.  The piece that mounts between the pulley and shaft won't come off.

Advice?

Are any of those holes threaded? If so, insert a bolt or bolts, and use them to push it off.

Lubrication is always better than dry. Automatic trans fluid works good in that situation.
PB Blaster would be my first try. And heat

I'd let it soak for a while. TF or penetrating oil....
Then a hard rap on the puller shaft after it's tightened up.
Then some heat as suggested above if that fails.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Cut a block of scrap wood that will slide under the hub and support it. With the block in place, tap a small cold chisel into the slot in the hub, rotate the hub and repeat in the other slot. Might have to do this a couple times on each side. Penetrating oil into the slots.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Advice?
Soak it with "Kroil" or as one of my maintenance men called it 'Panther pee" Best I have ever used.
A wise man once asked me, "are you sure it is supposed to come off of there?"
Help removing a stuck pulley?