So I got this Delta 28-640 bandsaw for a song; now I'm trying to run down a trunnion for it. Can't find one ANYWHERE! Any ideas? The part number is Delta 1347491. I did hear in another board that the grizzly 21" trunnion may be the same; I called grizzly, but the return shipping is taking that out of the equation (if it doesn't fit). I could make a flat, non tilt able mount out of a chunk of white oak, but I'd like to find the trunnion, or repair the old one.

[attachment=21032][attachment=21033]
Now where is that chisel

Have you tried OWWM? They often have all of the old obscure machine parts and the knowledge to get the old machines working again.
Yes, I tried them first. Got a few tips anyway.
Now where is that chisel
(10-05-2019, 08:31 PM)stav Wrote: Have you tried OWWM? They often have all of the old obscure machine parts and the knowledge to get the old machines working again.

I think that saw is from Taiwan, so probably you wont get much out of OWWM. And I doubt they sold that many of that model so parts may be non existent. Your best bet might be to either try and fabricate one yourself of try and have one made. Or you could figure out a way to re-engineer the way the table mounts to the base, either tilting or fixed. You might want to take some better pix of the underside of the table and the mount on the saw and that might help folks make suggestions. Good luck with it.
Out of all the years I ever tilted a BS table, maybe once, I don't really see a need for one on a BS.
If no parts are found, I would go ahead and make a fixed base from a stable chunk of wood
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I was going to say I never have tilted my table- never.
And I frequently tilt mine! (joinery, bevel rips, staves, miters)  I certainly wouldn't be without a tilting table.

Bob
(10-05-2019, 10:43 AM)Smashedfinger Wrote: So I got this Delta 28-640 bandsaw for a song; now I'm trying to run down a trunnion for it. Can't find one ANYWHERE! Any ideas? The part number is Delta 1347491. I did hear in another board that the grizzly 21" trunnion may be the same; I called grizzly, but the return shipping is taking that out of the equation (if it doesn't fit). I could make a flat, non tilt able mount out of a chunk of white oak, but I'd like to find the trunnion, or repair the old one.

I'd say that OWWM is your best bet to find a replacement part. If it's available anywhere, someone over there will know about it. Just stay after them (be persistent) and someone will probably come through.

I'm not familiar with that trunnion, but failing getting a replacement part, do you have the piece that was broken off? If so it could be welded back in place.

Doug

(10-08-2019, 11:19 AM)Tapper Wrote: I'd say that OWWM is your best bet to find a replacement part. If it's available anywhere, someone over there will know about it. Just stay after them (be persistent) and someone will probably come through.

I'm not familiar with that trunnion, but failing getting a replacement part, do you have the piece that was broken off? If so it could be welded back in place.

Doug

The saw was made in Taiwan, sending him to OWWM isn't going to end well for the OP.

(10-08-2019, 11:24 AM)jlanciani Wrote: The saw was made in Taiwan, sending him to OWWM isn't going to end well for the OP.

OK, if it was made in Taiwan, there are probably only 8-10 other brands that were made in the same factory and use the same exact parts. Should be easy-peazy to find! 
Yes Maybe start with Grizzly???

Doug
Restoring Delta 20" bandsaw