Saw an article where a guy who has a sawmill makes them. Was wondering if there is any special trick to this?  Eldest son really enjoys sending pics of people’s balanced rock formations. I have lots of various chunks of wood that could be made into these “stones” as a Christmas gift. 

https://www.amazon.com/handmade/Tumi-Ish...65-8054800
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.

I'm not a Tumi Ishi block maker, but you did prompt me to use Google to find yet one more thing I had no idea existed
Smile

(11-08-2019, 07:20 PM)farmerj111 Wrote: I'm not a Tumi Ishi block maker, but you did prompt me to use Google to find yet one more thing I had no idea existed
Smile

Laugh
Laugh  My wife sent it to me and I had the same issue. We can both go to bed now we learned one new thing today. 
Think I’m going to mess around with some of my scraps and make a small set. Certainly not a issue making a beeswax and oil finish.
Jim

There is a good chance
Another day and I'm little bit smarter. Of course, I'm 72 yo and still feel pretty ignorant at times. 
Big Grin Would be great for someone that has a both at a craft fair

(11-09-2019, 08:53 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Another day and I'm little bit smarter. Of course, I'm 72 yo and still feel pretty ignorant at times. 
Big Grin Would be great for someone that has a both at a craft fair

Exactly, which we have a week from today. Going to make a couple sets today.
Jim

There is a good chance
They look to me like Pet rock's or blocks.
Those are made by simply holding the piece against a disk sander at random angles. The blocks shown on Amazon are made locally here from wood I sell from the Saint Louis Forest.

They are fun to play with. I have the record for our set of a tower nine tall. Most of my competitors were under ten years old.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Oh! ??? They don't have a bottle of Titebond out of the picture?
Before putting them to disk sander I’ve been knocking some of the corners off them on the bandsaw. 

Took 5 sets of 11 blocks each to the craft show yesterday, sold four of them. Fifth one is also sold to a neighbor.
Jim

There is a good chance

Shocked 
(11-17-2019, 12:50 AM)stoppy Wrote: Took 5 sets of 11 blocks each to the craft show yesterday, sold four of them. Fifth one is also sold to a neighbor.

Just wondering how much they sold for and what people will pay for scrap sanded down?? 
Rolleyes
Anyone make Tumi Ishi blocks here?