I mentioned in the other thread that I had two projects left in my kitchen rehab.  But before those two there were a few others.  I just got around to taking a few photos of them, so here they are.  Most everything in the old kitchen was maple; the theme in the new is red, white, and gray.  I had made some chairs for the old kitchen for the computer area and of course they too were maple. 

[Image: JgbLDnUtRbQCVoCebNQ0m5vPoJwTYBitm1dbscca...06-h566-no] 

Like the deck door on the left, the chairs don't go with the new color scheme so I stripped them and colored them to match the upper cabinets to bring a splash of red to that end of the kitchen.  I also replaced the seat and backrest fabric and cushions.  They definitely look like new chairs now.  

[Image: HzT7wKqU4vjr_ayXGsvDl3SGTU4hI64eoug8oOTM...35-h626-no]

The deck door rehab will be the last project, painting it white or gray, next Spring.  The old doors to the basement and half bath were hollow core red oak.  Of course they had to go.  Here's the new one to the basement.

[Image: J2d6vBtIVqp6cUUko-kjiXM9R421TQ6QFexfMAQe...53-h626-no]

[Image: 48gnnFQ7F4RxLamlmxaFaSb_G0rtos747Pplnp3m...70-h626-no]

As you can see, the design is the same as the cabinet doors and drawer fronts, just a panel with stiles, no rails.  The panel is PlumaPly and the stiles are maple.  PlumaPly is great stuff, a core of plywood with 2 mm of HDF on each face.  It's structural, dead flat, and paints great.  To make the basement door I plowed dados in the stiles and just glued the panel in place.  Pretty simple.  The door is heavy enough that I decided to use three hinge sets with it.  

The brown door next to the basement door in the photo above is the passage door to the garage, the one I'm working on now in the build along post. 

I also made a door for the half bath in the same style and construction as the basement door.

[Image: _CMSq1kNdYRTNugl0imLclGjAn61--AJO2KpmR9V...70-h626-no]

This was a pocket door and I ended up having to add some trim at the bottom for the side guides to work properly.  Had I thought about it a little more, I could have used a center guide in the floor to fit into a dado in the bottom of the door to avoid the trim.  I may still do that at some point.  The trim is just pin nailed on and the door underneath is finished so it wouldn't be a big job. 

So that's what I was doing just before the surgery, 11 weeks ago tomorrow, not that I'm counting.  

John
Kitchen Projects before the Passage Door Build Along