In our kitchen, toe kicks are made of the same white quartz material (man made) that we used for our countertops.  It is time to replace the dishwasher.  When we did the renovation I had asked the contractor to make sure a section of the toe kick in front of the dishwasher can be easily removed when the time comes to replace it.  After 7 years, we are getting a new dishwasher.  I tried to remove that section of the toe kick by pulling but it is not coming out.  On each side it overlaps the cabinets.  My guess is that the installers used adhesive to attach it to the cabinets on either side of the diswasher.  After a lot of trying, I am now thinking my best bet may be to cut it using either some type of handsaw or multi master.  What I could not find online is what kind of saw blade (hand) as well as for the Fein MultiMaster I should be looking to buy.

Would appreciate your help.

Maybe this:

Fein Multi-master diamond blade

I've cut quarts material before with a diamond blade fitted to an angle grinder.  Of course, that would be hard to get under that toe-kick.

This blade will leave a significant gap, though.  It's 3/32" thick.

(01-12-2020, 08:06 PM)WxMan Wrote: Maybe this:

Fein Multi-master diamond blade

I've cut quarts material before with a diamond blade fitted to an angle grinder.  Of course, that would be hard to get under that toe-kick.

This blade will leave a significant gap, though.  It's 3/32" thick.

Good idea. Circular blade will not get in to the toe kick though.  I will look for the straight version of this diamond blade.
Any options for hand saws.  there is enough gap on the sides of the dishwasher to cut down if there is a handsaw option without a frame like a hack saw.

Got a Sawzall?

Diamond Blade

John

(01-12-2020, 08:30 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Got a Sawzall?

Diamond Blade

John

Yes, I do have a Milwaukee.  Although, it would be hard to get in there with a sawzall and cut the stone without damaging the floors.  I ordered diamond blades for the Fein Multimaster.  Will give that a try.
might be glued with Silicone...heat will soften the adhesive...try a heat gun...like when heating plastic laminate for bending
keep the gun moving just let the heat saturate...can pull sinks out this way...maybe 150 to 200*

(01-12-2020, 11:22 PM)Tim Kennedy Wrote: might be glued with Silicone...heat will soften the adhesive...try a heat gun...like when heating plastic laminate for bending
keep the gun moving just let the heat saturate...can pull sinks out this way...maybe 150 to 200*

Never thought of this.  I will give this a shot first as it does not require any cutting.
(01-12-2020, 07:43 PM)wrb Wrote: In our kitchen, toe kicks are made of the same white quartz material (man made) that we used for our countertops.  It is time to replace the dishwasher.  When we did the renovation I had asked the contractor to make sure a section of the toe kick in front of the dishwasher can be easily removed when the time comes to replace it.  After 7 years, we are getting a new dishwasher.  I tried to remove that section of the toe kick by pulling but it is not coming out.  On each side it overlaps the cabinets.  My guess is that the installers used adhesive to attach it to the cabinets on either side of the diswasher.  After a lot of trying, I am now thinking my best bet may be to cut it using either some type of handsaw or multi master.  What I could not find online is what kind of saw blade (hand) as well as for the Fein MultiMaster I should be looking to buy.

Would appreciate your help.

Use the multi master to get to the adhesive instead of cutting the stone.  Too easy to screw up the stone and the amount of dust will make who ever cleans the house crazy.  I have used a scraper blade to remove the adhesive and the fine tooth bi metal.  The scraper blade was better.  Any way to use a heat gun to loosen up the adhesive without damaging finish on cabinets?  A picture could be helpful
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(01-12-2020, 11:28 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Use the multi master to get to the adhesive instead of cutting the stone.  Too easy to screw up the stone and the amount of dust will make who ever cleans the house crazy.  I have used a scraper blade to remove the adhesive and the fine tooth bi metal.  The scraper blade was better.  Any way to use a heat gun to loosen up the adhesive without damaging finish on cabinets?  A picture could be helpful

There is no way to get to the back of the toe kick to use the scraper blade.  I will try heat gun to see if that helps with the adhesive without damaging the cabined and hardwood floor.  That will surely be the easiest.
Any possible way to take the dishwasher door off to pry it off from behind?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Cutting quartz countertop - cabinet toe kick