My UTV Plexiglass has minor swirl marks on the windshield that make it difficult to see in some light conditions.  Any ideas on the polishing compound to use with an electric buffer and soft pad?  

Regards,
Bill

Novus Plastic Polish. I have used it on Acrylic aquariums. Try Amazon.
Gary
(01-13-2020, 12:51 PM)GDay Wrote: Novus Plastic Polish. I have used it on Acrylic aquariums. Try Amazon.
Gary

Yes! Novus Plastic Polish.  It's the industry standard.  Takes a bit of elbow grease as well.  It's not unlike automotive compound.   

Another trick, and you have to be very careful if you try it, is to take a propane torch and heat it up a bit.  It will blend in minor surface scratches, but if you get it all too hot, it'll turn brown and bubble.  Practice on the same material first.

Also be aware that Plexiglas is acrylic, none of these things work very well on polycarbonate (Lexan).

Best Regards,

DC

A car headlight cleaning kit should do the trick.

Car headlights are usually polycarb.

The kits include all the grits and polish. You can usually buy the polish separately too
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-PlastX-P...B0000AY3SR

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
In 1967  the rear window (convertible) of my Alfa Romeo got cloudy and I polished it with toothpaste mixed with water.  (Probably Colgate as that was what my parents used to buy).

A couple of years later I polished the headlight covers with the same "rubbing compound".  

I just looked it up, tooth paste contains calcium carbonate which is a very mild abrasive. 

I suppose you can use any fine abrasive, but since most of us have toothpaste in the house and you will not need much of it, I would give it a try.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I'm thinking if it is a windshield it is polycarbonate
I remember using novus on my 32gb ipod video back in the day when all the backs of apple products were polished aluminum. Worked pretty well on the back as well as the front, which was probably poly-carbonate.

I was going to suggest brasso as it seems to work on polycarb as well. On the off chance it is plexi, brasso is no bueno since it's got ammonia.

Whatever you use, the applicator matters. You want microfiber.

(01-13-2020, 01:48 PM)Robin Dobbie Wrote: I remember using novus on my 32gb ipod video back in the day when all the backs of apple products were polished aluminum. Worked pretty well on the back as well as the front, which was probably poly-carbonate.

I was going to suggest brasso as it seems to work on polycarb as well. On the off chance it is plexi, brasso is no bueno since it's got ammonia.

Whatever you use, the applicator matters. You want microfiber.

I didn't have microfiber back in 1967.   I'm guessing I used tee-shirt material.  But microfiber is probably the better choice.  Make sure it is freshly laundered so that there is nothing to cause scratches.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Polishing compound followed with liquid ebony on a clean pad.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Do you have a right angle ROS?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Polishing Compound for Plexiglass