I thought I found the last festool emerald domino for sale, but I just got notice that my order won’t be filled. So, I’m back in the market for a 500 domino and looking for recommendations on where to buy. I know they hold their pricing so I’d like to get free shipping / no tax, unless there is a better deal I’m not aware of. I also priced out the domino tennon kit individually and with the emerald it was a better deal to buy the domino’s individually. I guessing since I have to buy the cutters now that the kit is a better way to go?

Best deal I could find is acme tool. Anyone know a better source?

I've bought a couple Festool items from toolsforworkingwood.com. Leevalley.com also carries Festool.

Both of these companies have more of a hand tool reputation, but their service is top notch.

It's getting harder to find the "no tax" purchase anymore. But I do like Acme tools, they are really good to deal with (though it does seem they charge tax now).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I would have recommended Bob Marino but he retired

This is where he sent his business. https://festools-online.com/bob-marino

A quick check and it appears they don’t charge tax at least for a Texas address

I’ve also used Tool Nut
If you don't live in ohio, try https://www.hartvilletool.com/
Since pricing is fairly consistent, I tend to pick vendors based on who has treated me well in past transactions. That is usually Lee Valley for me, though I also wouldn't hesitate to use Tools For Woodworking.

Personal experience only, but I washed my hands of Tool Nut after the Pro 5 debacle. They didn't cause the supply issues and delays; that was all on Festool. But their communication around the problem was sub-par. Got multiple emails telling me my sander was on the way, followed by weeks of silence and no sander. Then one day it just showed up on my doorstep with no notice. I know it was a chaotic time for everyone, and I am sure they had the best of intentions under unique circumstances. But my wallet, my choice, and they ticked me off enough not to give them a second chance.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!

(03-05-2020, 10:55 AM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: But my wallet, my choice

+1000

Can't understand why some people love to torture themselves by going back to vendors who have mistreated them, not once but twice and more. If you don't send a signal to those bad sheep, more merchants will deliver poor products or service.

I will give vendors or restaurants second chances if they own up to their blunders as to err is human. But I ban those who refuse to even admit they're wrong in the first place.

Simon
Hartville now charges tax on sales to Kentucky, so as Fred mentioned more and more states have put an end to tax-free state sales tax.

(03-05-2020, 05:56 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: Hartville now charges tax on sales to Kentucky, so as Fred mentioned more and more states have put an end to tax-free state sales tax.

Don't forget Hartville offers a 15% discount. Use Win 15. It may not apply to some tools.

(03-05-2020, 06:53 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Don't forget Hartville offers a 15% discount. Use Win 15. It may not apply to some tools.

Doesn't apply for Festool
Best place to buy a domino