I have a reconditioned Ridgid 6" random orbital sander (model R2611). Worked great for years. Suddenly started shuddering and doesn't reach full power. No obvious damage. Any ideas?

Check the shaft bearing where the pad bolts on. May be kapute.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Finally got to take the sander apart. The shift and bearings look OK. I'm stumped.
That sander has an LSA. I'm not sure now that you've taken it apart. In my experience with smaller tools, if you registered it properly they will just give you a new one. Even on my spindle/belt sander, when it developed a shudder, they kept the housing and shoved a new sander under it as the repair.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

bypass the speed controller and see if that's the problem.
Ridgid ROS