Well, I put on the handles and the back the other day and here it is!!!

Comments/complaints???

(Now we just have to drive it down to DC next weekend.   It'll fit in our car (with 1 other passenger in the front seat).  However, our daughter's home and she's going back with it and my wife and I are continuing on to NC, so we're renting a car 1 way to DC.  

Man, I miss our minivan!!!)

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear

Wow I think it is outstanding, great job!
Great choice on the handles.  Beautiful job on the dresser.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Very nice! Job well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Very nice, Polack! You daughter will love it. I know, I built my daughter a double chest of drawers and delivered it to her in DC 3 years ago. Looks very much like yours; even has the same handles. Your's is beautiful!
Minivans are pretty sweet but not as sweet as your dresser.  I love the mid century feel of it. Great work.
Gorgeous! One lucky daughter!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard

That's a beauty; take a bow.  Very MCM and I love the side hung drawers.

John

(07-21-2020, 09:10 PM)jteneyck Wrote: That's a beauty; take a bow.  Very MCM and I love the side hung drawers.

John

Thanks John.  They were the toughest part.  Here's how I did it:

1) Assembled the drawers and routed the groove down the center of the side (being careful not to blow through the front!)

2) Put 6 playing cards underneath the bottom drawer and put the bottom drawer on top (to give me my gap).

3) Marked where the drawer slot met the sides on the side.

4) Flipped the case on it's side and routed out the grove (again stopping well short of my beveled front edges)

5) Test-fitted the drawer and futzed around with the ease of sliding....sanded/waxed the runner/etc until I had them dialed in.

6) When I got the bottom drawer fitted just right, installed it and put 6 playing cards on top of it and repeated Steps 3-6 moving up the case

For the top drawer the router was able to squeeze in there between the divider and the underside of the top.
Dumber than I appear

(07-22-2020, 08:23 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Thanks John.  They were the toughest part.  Here's how I did it:

1) Assembled the drawers and routed the groove down the center of the side (being careful not to blow through the front!)

2) Put 6 playing cards underneath the bottom drawer and put the bottom drawer on top (to give me my gap).

3) Marked where the drawer slot met the sides on the side.

4) Flipped the case on it's side and routed out the grove (again stopping well short of my beveled front edges)

5) Test-fitted the drawer and futzed around with the ease of sliding....sanded/waxed the runner/etc until I had them dialed in.

6) When I got the bottom drawer fitted just right, installed it and put 6 playing cards on top of it and repeated Steps 3-6 moving up the case

For the top drawer the router was able to squeeze in there between the divider and the underside of the top.

Well that'll work, obviously, but next time you might find it easier to route the grooves in the sides before gluing up the case.  Or forget the grooves and just screw narrow runners to the sides.  

John
Our daughter's dresser is finished!!!