Greetings all!

You all have been waiting, anxiously twiddling your thumbs in anticipation of the announcement of the vaulted "Secret Santa 2020". Well, the time is nigh, so grab your magnifying glass, pop on your Sherlock Holmes hat and start honing your investigative skills to find "the" gift.

Here's how it works:

To participate,  send a PM to Santa's Elves indicating that you wish to participate including your email address. Posting to this thread does not count, only a PM with an e-mail works. Once your PM is received, for which you will get a receipt, a link to the form to fill out will be forwarded. This is to protect the form's link from web crawlers and possibly getting spambots filling in the entries. All communication after the initial PM will be via email. So watch your spam lists after you send your PM.

Entries will be accepted from today, July 23rd through Wednesday, September 30th. Details of your recipient will be sent by October 15th. After the closing date of October 15th, entries will still be accepted for the late arrivals until October 22nd. Be forewarned however, no guarantee is made that we will be able to match you up with someone, in which case you'll have to wait until next year. 

Here are the rules:

If you sign up, please follow through on your commitment.

• If you are going to be late with your gift, let me know and we can notify your recipient.
  • If you need to back out completely, let me know as soon as possible so we can find another Santa for your recipient.
  • If possible, please use a tracking number when mailing. It might come in handy if someone doesn't receive their gift.
  • If you have posted less than 10 messages on Woodnet, send me a PM in addition to filling out the form you are sent.

Gift guidelines and advice:

• Please send a real gift, not a gift card or certificate.
  • Read their old posts to get an idea of what they like to do and what they might need or want.
  • See if they participate on other forums.
  • Take a look at wish lists on various tool websites.
  • If you have a member who does not post a lot and are having a tough time with ideas or you find that your person has everything, maybe go outside the box. There are universal gifts that every woodworker can use.
  • If you are one of those folks who doesn't post a lot or have the entire Lee Valley catalog in your shop, try leaving some bread crumbs to help your Santa out.

Most of all, have fun! Any issues, let me know.

Happy sleuthing!
Santa's Elves

ADMIN,
Please sticky this post.
Santa's Elves
Is there a dollar min or max?
“Ann: Do you exercise?

Ron: Yes. Lovemaking and woodworking.”

(07-23-2020, 02:54 PM)briman87 Wrote: Is there a dollar min or max?

Nope. The fun is determining the interests of the person assigned, making or buying something they desire and of course showing off what you received! Folks appreciate whatever they receive.
I am IN again this year.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
So far only two signed up, and one had to drop out.

Still plenty of time to participate!  Read the first post in this thread to learn how to sign up.

Santa's Elves
Santa's Elves
Just completed my survey!
Woodnetters,

We now have a whopping two entries for the 2020 Secret Santa! If you want to get involved, please PM per the instructions in the first post.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
The Secret Santa recipient assignments are done and sent out to the various Santa's.

Only three participants this year, but late registrations are still being accepted.

However, there is no guarantee that you will be assigned a recipient or have a Santa assigned to you. If we receive multiple entries then the assignments can be made. You only have until 22 October to enter during the late entry time period. If we receive more than one late entry assignments will be made.
Santa's Elves

(10-16-2020, 09:11 AM)Santa Wrote: The Secret Santa recipient assignments are done and sent out to the various Santa's.  

Only three participants this year, but late registrations are still being accepted.  

However, there is no guarantee that you will be assigned a recipient or have a Santa assigned to you.  If we receive multiple entries then the assignments can be made.  You only have until 22 October to enter during the late entry time period.  If we receive more than one late entry assignments will be made.

PM sent, I'm in if possible.
SECRET SANTA 2020