I'd like to make a few of the cheese slicing boards that use the guillotine style wire cutters. I've found a couple of potential places to buy the hardware but no one seems to have it in stock. I'd rather not use Woodcraft, just because they are expensive, I'm cheap and I would like to make several. I'd appreciate any tips! Thank you!

I like the quality of the kits (pens, etc.) from Craft Supplies USA.  They are worth the money IMHO.  Cheese kit selection HERE!
Earlier this year I asked the same question on another site and was directed to Cheeseslicing.com. I ordered 5 kits. there was a mixup in the order that Cheesslicing discovered before I had even opened my package; they corrected it immediately and only asked i return the wrong kits at their expense. It's (apparently) a small one-person-out-of their-garage type business but they have great prices and very good customer service. The kits I ordered were $5 each, and very good quality.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(08-23-2020, 10:32 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Earlier this year I asked the same question on another site and was directed to Cheeseslicing.com. I ordered 5 kits. there was a mixup in the order that Cheesslicing discovered before I had even opened my package; they corrected it immediately and only asked i return the wrong kits at their expense. It's (apparently) a small one-person-out-of their-garage type business but they have great prices and very good customer service. The kits I ordered were $5 each, and very good quality.

Fred, Exactly what I had in mind! Thank you so much.
In 2017 I made 10 cheese boards with the kits from Cheeseslicing.com.  The instructions were great!  And everyone loved their gift.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Just exchanged emails w/the owner, Lisa Christian. Her price for the large hardware kit, chrome, is $5.95.
I paid $11.95 each at Woodcraft.

Her wire replacements are $1.50 each or 4 for $5.95. BUT, if you return a broken wire with a self addressed
envelope she will replace it at no charge.
Winkgrin
Yes
She's a good person to deal with, and the kits are quite good as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(08-24-2020, 12:20 PM)fredhargis Wrote: She's a good person to deal with, and the kits are quite good as well.

Agreed. I emailed a question on Sunday and received a reply that night. I placed an order and got notice that it shipped on Monday morning with a tracking number. Here it is Monday evening and I still don't have my order
Laugh . I guess I'll have to be patient.
I used https://www.cheeseslicing.com/

Some inspiration for you.
https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7334970
Does anyone know where the cheese slicer hardware is being sourced from? the wholesale source, China? both the mentioned retail online sites are always out of stock.
Sourcing Cheese slicer hardware