So I was happy with my old 1950s delta DP but it lacked the capacity of a big floorstander. 
After much consternation I purchased a Teknatool DVR which had been positively reviewed everywhere, about 2 months back. 
To my utter disbelief I was unable to go through the cumbersome steps to tilt the table... the big 27mm nut was jammed. The spindly sick look wrench was bent in the process. 
I purchase a high quality wrench online so I could whack it into submission. I failed. Even with blows from a 10lb hammer on the wrench, it would not budge. 

So I called Teknatool:
Day 1 - left a VM for CC. No answer, no response. 
Day 2 - called and spoke with receptionist who took down my details and created ticket. No dice. 
Day 3 - got a phone call back from a tech who wasnt even sure whether the nut turns clockwise or anticlockwise for loosening. Reported that they have run into this issue a lot on their floor. Clearly no QC on a known issue before shipping out. He suggested that I find a friend who has some kind of automotive level power wrench to help me. Told him I dont have a friend like that. Then he suggested that I should find 2-3 well built guys to help me (no kidding). I told him during this pandemic I was not going to bring 3 such folks in close contact in my basement shop. Informed him that I am in pretty good shape and I could not budge the thing at all. 
He went to his supervisor and came back to tell me that the aforementioned were his only suggestions. 
I asked him how about sending me a new table assemble mechanism with a working nut as much as  I hated to disassemble the whole thing... I had no other option. 
He sad sorry, no go. His supervisor came online and told me that I should find a better wrench and thats that!

I thanked him for his immense help and hung up!
I have had occasion to call Grizzly, Rikon and Laguna in the past and have encountered amazing CC. This was total disbelief and utter non-sense. 
Am I expecting too much from this American firm of repute?
I cant recommend this unit or anything else from this firm to anyone based on their inability to fix a simple basic issue.

Sorry about the rant.
The Apple wont fall;
Let's go and shake the tree.

Yikes, thanks for sharing, I'll stay far away!
Wow, unfortunate.  I would not have guessed that would be the service you receive.  Where did you buy it?  Perhaps they can assist.
Give them lots of publicity (not the good kind).

Are you a member of other woodworking forums?  They would probably like to hear your experience.

Don't forget Facebook, Twitter, and all those other types of social media I have no idea about.

Maybe you will luck out and the company will give you a call.  If they created a ticket on Day 2, perhaps they saved your phone number. 

Realistically, you could find a truck repair shop that has a 3/4" air impact wrench.  Have them take it loose.  It is possible they will twist off the nut/bolt.  Then you could call the company back and tell them you took their advice and they need to send you new parts.  Don't forget to take photos/video and get a sworn statement from the truck mechanic.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
A horror story! "Disappointed" must be an understatement.

Could you make a claim through your credit card -- if they refused to take a return?

Simon

(10-09-2020, 01:08 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: A horror story! "Disappointed" must be an understatement.

Could you make a claim through your credit card -- if they refused to take a return?

Simon

I was trying to be civil and not blow it out of proportion... The DP is nice otherwise and has functioned well at making round holes!
I am about 3 months out and not looking to get into a return etc... it was purchased through woodcraft. 

Someone on SMC suggested getting a breaker back to nudge the bolt. Planning to try that after work today. That said what got my goat was the apathy from the customer care at Teknatool.
The Apple wont fall;
Let's go and shake the tree.

(10-09-2020, 01:20 PM)nocrapman Wrote: I was trying to be civil and not blow it out of proportion... The DP is nice otherwise and has functioned well at making round holes!
I am about 3 months out and not looking to get into a return etc... it was purchased through woodcraft. 

Someone on SMC suggested getting a breaker back to nudge the bolt. Planning to try that after work today. That said what got my goat was the apathy from the customer care at Teknatool.

Did you try getting any help from Woodcraft or Woodcraft simply asked you to deal with Teknatool direct and don't bother them?

Yes, American Express is pretty supportive when something goes wrong with a seller (so is PayPal); been an AE card holder since early 90s.

Simon
A little online research shows that the company is remarkably consistent.  No one seems happy with their customer service.  If you paid for the item with an American Express card, contact them and tell them you want to reverse the charge and return the drill press because it does not work.

Other credit card companies might have similar support for customers.  I don't know.  But Amex certainly does.  It is the reason I remain loyal to Amex.

https://www.lumberjocks.com/reviews/11929

Teknatool Customer Service - Exceptionally Terrible!

https://teknatool.freshdesk.com/support/...9000017367

Customer service none

doublee.coach@yahoo.com

started a topic over 3 years ago

Received a Comet II lathe with a tailstock that won't tighten down. After further investigation it seem the bolt a nut that tighten the tailstock don't have enough or any threads. I received a service ticket over the usual 24hs ago and no response. Also the Chuck that I received with the so called kit is the wrong one.

I can sympathize with you doublee.coach. I am on my third day of waiting to hear from anyone about why my brand new Galaxi 1644 that has been in my possession for only 6 weeks at best won't run. I can't get anyone to respond.  Very discouraged and disappointed.  

David Persuhn
said over 3 years ago
Don't feel too bad, I pointed out problems with my Nova Voyager drill press over four months ago and was told a firmware update was in the works.  They just closed my support ticket to make it go away and haven't done anything to address the issues that I brought up.  I feel like I would be better off trying to reverse engineer the control and write my own firmware at this point because it would be faster.

No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Woodcraft, Nova, Teknatool.

Shame.
Well, I had that DP in my sights, but no more. They should have been a little more accommodating. Thank you for the story.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Teknatool woes - disappointed