Turns out that Grizzly sells (cheaply) two different tension quick-release setups that will fit my new Delta 14". Anyone ever use either of these, thoughts on which might work out better? Both come in at under $20 in parts. My main use is to release the tension to swap blades, though even between uses would be a plus.

[Image: ouy23fw.jpg]

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202020-11-29%20at%209.49.56%20AM.png]
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!

(11-29-2020, 09:54 AM)Scouter Wrote: Turns out that Grizzly sells (cheaply) two different tension quick-release setups that will fit my new Delta 14". Anyone ever use either of these, thoughts on which might work out better? Both come in at under $20 in parts. My main use is to release the tension to swap blades, though even between uses would be a plus.

I bought one for my General International,when I bought it.Works great.I love it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member

(12-02-2020, 07:55 AM)chips ahoy Wrote: I bought one for my General International,when I bought it.Works great.I love it.

Mel

Thanks. It's an easir setup than their other one. Does it release enough to remove the blade?
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!

(12-02-2020, 04:48 PM)Scouter Wrote: Thanks. It's an easir setup than their other one. Does it release enough to remove the blade?

Yes it does,the thing I really like about it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(11-29-2020, 09:54 AM)Scouter Wrote: Turns out that Grizzly sells (cheaply) two different tension quick-release setups that will fit my new Delta 14". Anyone ever use either of these, thoughts on which might work out better? Both come in at under $20 in parts. My main use is to release the tension to swap blades, though even between uses would be a plus.

The cam mechanism is similar to the Rikon 10-325. The Rikon is a steel frame saw so mounting is different but the operating mechanism looks like the pretty similar. The Rikon also has enough travel to change blades no problem.

Are these sold as parts or kits? Would you  have links to both of these? 

Thanks!

(12-13-2020, 11:05 AM)NORM ABRAHAM Wrote: Are these sold as parts or kits? Would you  have links to both of these? 

Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not getting notices when something is posted, and I've been traveling the last two months.

You have to buy the pieces individually, I was passing by the Grizzly store so I just stopped by and picked them up. All I needed was the bracket and the two clutch pieces, cost less than $20 for the lot. The screws, stud, and handle I just made from what I have in the shop - just a 3/8" bar that I threaded and a piece of 1/2" dowel that I bore out to 3/8" then epoxied in place. I just put it all together and it works fine. I did have to thread my tension bar further down than it was, but it's just a 3/8-16 thread so no biggie.
Mike

I own a Jet 14" bandsaw and was curious about this so I dug into the Grizzly website.  Here is what I found:

There offer a cam or clutch type on the G0555LX Deluxe Bandsaw:  

[Image: lt2eLvq.jpg]

[Image: 92X58zS.jpg]

[Image: BLdxt2y.jpg]

and a lever type on the G0555XH Extreme Series Resaw Bandsaw:
[Image: Y5fFfN8.jpg]

[Image: 363ZCOG.jpg]

[Image: G1icmMa.jpg]

Some of the parts listed are commonly available at a well stocked hardware store, likely at a lower cost.  In the price list I included a total for all parts from Grizzly and also the Grizzly parts excluding the locally available parts.

(12-16-2020, 07:07 PM)Sullivan Wrote: I own a Jet 14" bandsaw and was curious about this so I dug into the Grizzly website.  Here is what I found:

[Image: lt2eLvq.jpg]

[Image: 92X58zS.jpg]

[Image: BLdxt2y.jpg]

[Image: Y5fFfN8.jpg]

[Image: 363ZCOG.jpg]

[Image: G1icmMa.jpg]

Some of the parts listed are commonly available at a well stocked hardware store, likely at a lower cost.  In the price list I included a total for all parts from Grizzly and also the Grizzly parts excluding the locally available parts.

Thank you very much for taking time to post up this information. This is VERY helpful. Which way do you think you might go? I wonder what style offers the most differential? Probably a better word than I picked........

Norm
(12-16-2020, 07:07 PM)Sullivan Wrote: I own a Jet 14" bandsaw and was curious about this so I dug into the Grizzly website.  Here is what I found:

Yeah, I saw both setups at the store, still liked the cam lever style. It was easier to operate and fewer parts to buy.
Mike

Bandsaw quick release