Custom Stanley chisel handles - Padauk and Cocobolo
Beautiful work, Greg.

(12-08-2016, 10:50 PM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: He doesn't actually think any of them will ever get used.

And that just about broke my heart!
Good question, Dave. I was actually a little worried about that, and ended up putting a 1/2" cocobolo dowel through the handle and it extends all the way to the end. That way, there is at least SOME side grain support. Of course, he later told me these would probably never get used by the recipients (which saddens me also, Pete), so I probably worried needlessly.

I'm sending at least one spare with each set of these that are going to the client, just in case they ever have issues.

I made an extra couple dozen of these handles, so I may sell the spares at a later date.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I like how you got the tapers to end with the perfect spacing. One you might nail, but that many show a high level of turning skill.
A man of foolish pursuits
(12-11-2016, 01:31 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: I like how you got the tapers to end with the perfect spacing. One you might nail, but that many show a high level of turning skill.

Nice to see again
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.