drywall lifts vs. 2x4 T
personally never tried a lift always wanted to though.  Any of the big drywall jobs involved lots of labor moving faster than I imagine a lift would allow.  If I were by myself with the shoulders I have now I would be using a lift if alone or even one helper.  If I had 3 people probably not
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

If you are using a lift you can buy longer sheets of drywall to eliminate joints.   Around here 5/8" is normally used for ceilings.  A 10 or 12" piece weighs a lot.    Roly
If my ceilings were higher or I was using the longer sheets, I would definitely get the lift. Probably will, the memories of jobs i did with a T are coming back to me now, it can be really frustrating.  

I am using 5/8", and it was a pain getting it all down into the basement.  I am pretty sure the longer stuff wouldn't have been possible, there were some tight turns with 8'. Good news is I had to clean up a lot just to get the pathways clear.
Have done it both ways and its way easier with a lift. You dont have to pick it up all the way onto the lift. You can tilt it over first. 

As for renting.... Look at your rental cost. You can usually buy a new lift for under $150. I have seen them as low as $120 delivered. Buy it use it then sell on craigslist for more than you paid online. I usually find it cheaper to purchase tools vs rent. Now if i could find a reason to buy a bobcat...
(05-18-2017, 01:46 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:       As for renting.... Look at your rental cost. You can usually buy a new lift for under $150. I have seen them as low as $120 delivered. Buy it use it then sell on craigslist for more than you paid online. I usually find it cheaper to purchase tools vs rent. Now if i could find a reason to buy a bobcat...

What he said is worth gold!  If you rent and have to pick up and return it burns up your day or your cash.  Even more so when you encounter something unexpected.  You can also look at CL for one and make it a pick up use and sell at no cost possibly a profit
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Done it both ways. I'll take the lift. I just did a bunch of ceiling work but it was repair work and not full sheets. I used a T. If it were full sheets, I would have rented a lift.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

the HF is $200.  Not sure about Amazon, cheapest there is $136.  Going to HF is a day wasted for me.  I probably could sell it for a decent price, but that's more time wasted.  Our craigslist is pretty low on tools.
Wouldn't be without one....it worked great for putting 20' long steel siding on the ceiling in my shop. When dad expanded his funeral home it paid for itself hanging 16' sheets, even used it on the walls.

If you have the room to use it, they can't be beat.

Ed
My biggest problem with a T is getting one sheet aligned next to the adjacent sheet as well as I like, even with two people. The lift makes it real easy, even with one person. I'd just rent one.

I've wasted lots of time in my life that I'll never get back trying to save a buck.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(05-19-2017, 05:16 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I've wasted lots of time in my life that I'll never get back trying to save a buck.

ain't that the truth. I've also wasted a lot of money trying to save a buck. I'm convinced that I should rent one.  Hopefully the price on the website is right.  I'll just try to be organized