appliance modification: stacking my dryer
Can the panel wiring be extended? Yes.

SHOULD the panel wiring be extended? Whole 'nother situation. Connections should all be soldered and each solder joint insulated---shrink tubing is a good product. But, joints should be staggered(on each end) so no two joints are side by side. And the entire length of extended wiring protected in a casing and secured to a wall/machine side/etc. Why? Vibration will rub the insulation away and create a short circuit. The best result will be a burnt out control panel, the worst, a fire and probable home damage.
Do you have a front-loading washer?
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
A 6 foot step ladder would be easier.   
Wink
(07-30-2017, 10:05 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Do you have a front-loading washer?

Yes, I do. Are you asking just as an person-check,
Wink or are you thinking of something else?
Good points, thanks.
(07-31-2017, 10:11 AM)colibas Wrote: Yes, I do. Are you asking just as an person-check,

Just in case you weren't considering leaving room to open a top-loader.

Just trying to be helpful.

Laugh
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Just get a step stool and leave it as is.
(07-31-2017, 10:11 AM)colibas Wrote: Yes, I do. Are you asking just as an person-check,

So im assuming you have a front loader washer but not the matching front loader dryer but an older style machine. 

It can be done but even me the type that modifys and customizes stuff wouldn't do it. 

If your set isnthe same line then just get the stackink kit for it. Some are as little as $20. I stacked ours when I rebuilt the laundry room. Saves allot of space but if i had a very large laundry room i would build a 2' tall box with drawers to place the units on. The washer is just too low to the ground in stock form and those bases they make are only about half the height to get them usable. Unfortunately everything is designed for child height and those of us that are normal height end up with back problems because of it......
I've been inside a dryer many times.  They are || this close to a fire hazard as they sit. Messing with it seems like a bad idea.
If the washer is front load and you will have to build something to hold the dryer over the washer, could you just put the washer over the dryer instead?