Stick out like a...
I'm thinking maybe I should break my thumb, if it would help do something this nice!
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Not worth the pain...
No 

Got the rest of the face frame installed

Recycled the bad dovetailed board.   The cut out was then cut in half, turned around, and glued back on...

The rest of the sockets went a tad bit better.   Counterbores and pilot holes were added, then glue and screws. 
which left this little bugger to do..
Rolleyes  

Decided to lessen the chopping time a bit..

Finally was able to stand the case back onto the floor..
Winkgrin 

So, now I need to find that 3/8" plug cutter, and cut a bunch of tapered plugs. 

Then either work on the top....or start laying out drawer parts....
Confused    Top sounds a bit easier to do, right now
Rolleyes
stay tuned
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Good grief bandit.  You need to slow down some.  I am getting dizzy just watching all the pictures of your work.
Big Grin

Is this for Mom?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
To replace a junky one in my house....

Design change today.....was going to surface a Maple slab down to 3/4" thick..

Not enough "Get-up-n-go"  doing it this way.
No ..Hmmm, finished flattening the face of the slab..then find the exact center, draw a line right down the middle....and run the saw on the line.   Ripped a few strips of Walnut,about 1" wide. stood those up on edge..
Cool

And made a glue up.   I can then level the walnut strips, a lot easier than the other way...too much like work
Upset

Looks like I am done for the day....
Winkgrin Having an Ice Cold Modelo ESpecial
Winkgrin

Stay tuned..

Out of the clamps today....trimmed the ends square,  found a piece for the breadboard ends..

Two different routers to make a sliding dovetail joint..

Planes to level everything out, sander to round the corners, set aside to let the glue dry..

Added corner blocks to attach the the top.   Slots were cut will the drill bit being rocked front to back...
Attached the top  to the case,  after getting things centered up.   Placed this heavy thing back onto the floor...

I think that will just have to do, for one day...
Winkgrin

Maybe I can start laying out parts for the drawers.....first have to haul the boards to the shop....hmmmm
Rolleyes there IS still a 7' long 1 x4 of Black Walnut.....
Confused  might be too much of a good thing...
Cool

Stay tuned...
Hauled a few boards down to the shop....took a few trips....but

Figured out which I could use for the drawers sides.   Laid them on the top of the chest, for now.  I had cut down one plank, to make the fronts of the top drawers....

Tried to keep the grain pattern.   Once those fit the openings, I worked on the next one down..

There was another board I WAS going to use here...but it turned out to be Poplar
No so the fronts below were moved up one space.  Second one had "Issues" that I needed to fix..
Angry

As a piece was splitting off...glue and clamps, let it sit overnight....which left the bottom drawer's front.  Found another plank of Maple that was long enough...but was a hair too narrow.
Raised ...we have ways..
Uhoh 

Tomorrow, maybe I can finish sizing the drawer fronts to their openings...
Confused  then start cutting drawers sides?   Need to pick up some 1/4" plywood, too.  Needs a back installed.  Plug cutter was found, and I made a bunch of Walnut plugs....need to install them, trim them flush and start finishing the casework...a few highs and lows to correct..

Drawer backs will be thin Poplar planks, set in dados.   Front corners will be through dovetails...easier for me to make.

Is it too soon to shop for handles, yet?
Confused
Laugh
Stay tuned
Plywood is in the shop.   Picked up 10 "White Birch" knobs.   May stain them a walnut colour?

4 pads for the bottoms of the stiles....protects the feet, and the floor. 

Bandsaw went down....ripping drawer sides for width.....have since torn the old Craftsman down, and did a lot of clean-up, bearing work, and wheel balancing....held a file to the spinning drive wheels.  Motor needs help to get up to speed....even with no load...hoping it just dirty contacts inside....

Tuesday, I go trading for a few planks of maple.....need a few parts made out of them. 

Sunday, I work on the bandsaw, even NEW tires on it! .....new, sharp blade might help, too....

Stay tuned...
(08-08-2017, 02:41 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Good grief bandit.  You need to slow down some.  I am getting dizzy just watching all the pictures of your work.
Big Grin

Is this for Mom?

I tried too. He won't listen. I think it kicks Bandit into a higher gear.
Called being retired
Cool and BORED
Winkgrin 

Dovetails were attempted Sunday..

Pins were done first...
Used the pins to lay out the tails

Wasn't all that happy with the first  dry fit....
Upset

So, I went and picked a few more boards of Maple.   Need one piece for the front of the bottom drawer.  

Will TRY to do a little bit of cross cut work, later, and see IF there is enough in the three boards.   1 x 8 x9'?   Maybe enough?
Confused
Sides of the drawers need to be 14" long.   I have enough Poplar for the backs of the drawers. 

Stay tuned, Drawer Wars has begun...
Angry
Got two of the planks to the shop. and cut into drawer sides...

Bandsaw was "fired up", and these 10 were ripped to the CORRECT width..
Rolleyes
Left a bit of a wavy edge..
No  

Millers Falls No. 14 took care of any waves going on....

Replaced the old drawer side that were the wrong width
Upset 

With the new, correct width ones...Then, because someone complained about the size of the dovetails being used..

I went and made some small pin dovetails.....Monday being Monday....cut the pins wrong direction
Angry
Sooo, what WAS going to be the inside of the drawer front  is now the outside of the drawer front...
Rolleyes  

Wised up, placed the drawers back into their spots, and closed shop for the day, before anything else goes wrong
Uhoh

Stay tuned  Tuesday MIGHT be better
Winkgrin