The Return Of The Blog
After a long vacation, I'm back at woodnet and working sort of hard at rebuilding my website and blog. In time, most everything from the website will be duplicated at the blog. 

Currently I'm testing out a format that I hope will work. Any feedback would be appreciated!

The Toolemera Press Blog
Gary Roberts
The Toolemera Press
Wilmington, NC USA
Toolemera.Com Website
Good to see you back in here again Gary, it's been awhile!  Nice looking blog format I think...
Skip

(11-10-2017, 03:55 PM)Skip J. Wrote: Good to see you back in here again Gary, it's been awhile!  Nice looking blog format I think...

Thanks! Took a long break from everything before getting back into stuff. The current blog theme needs some css work to tweak various parts. If I can remember my css?
Gary Roberts
The Toolemera Press
Wilmington, NC USA
Toolemera.Com Website
(11-10-2017, 11:32 PM)toolemera Wrote: Thanks! Took a long break from everything before getting back into stuff. The current blog theme needs some css work to tweak various parts. If I can remember my css?

More stuff added: Disston, Copeland, Conger, Douglass and more

The Toolemera Press blog
Gary Roberts
The Toolemera Press
Wilmington, NC USA
Toolemera.Com Website
(11-11-2017, 12:50 AM)toolemera Wrote: More stuff added: Disston, Copeland, Conger, Douglass and more

The Toolemera Press blog

yet more good stuff, including this early price list of wooden planes

Hills And Richards Planemakers, Norwich, MA
 or
[Image: 6a01b8d2a914f3970c01b7c937595f970b-pi]

[Image: 6a01b8d2a914f3970c01b8d2c1a67a970c-pi]
Gary Roberts
The Toolemera Press
Wilmington, NC USA
Toolemera.Com Website
Not being one to visit Webster--the full version--I always thought "ligature" represented something crooked, or my work ties. Check out the Ligatures and Fonts rules. Old timers weren't a bunch of Elmer Fudd's or Siffies.
(11-26-2017, 11:42 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Not being one to visit Webster--the full version--I always thought "ligature" represented something crooked, or my work ties. Check out the Ligatures and Fonts rules. Old timers weren't a bunch of Elmer Fudd's or Siffies.

Also sometime known as the stitches used in amputations.....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(11-26-2017, 08:28 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Also sometime known as the stitches used in amputations.....

Ligature in printing and font worlds refers to the little squigglies that were used to connect letters in early 19th and most 18th C and 17th C printing. In other words, stitches.
Gary Roberts
The Toolemera Press
Wilmington, NC USA
Toolemera.Com Website
Glad to see you back!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop