Pictures of Gifts from Secret Santa posted here
(12-25-2017, 10:59 AM)digger Wrote: My secret santa went above and beyond this year. I received a beautiful handmade box by Santa himself. Cradled in the box was a handmade marking gauge from Hamilton

Woodworks. Just beautiful. Warmest thanks for your generosity. 

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Wow that box is fantastic and any present in it would make it that much better.
Yes

The Book or any woodworking book is a blessing and my wife just does not understand about me and quality books.  Also the winding sticks look well, nice.  I have never used them nor needed to yet but they look like they would do the job and nice to look at too.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I always wondered how to use a two pin marking gauge and can not know how to get them correctly done like a single pin.
That one looks very nice and also nicely used to with loving care.  The other metal handle looks like one of those for saw files and lot of people are wanting one so congrats.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Loving the pics, guys. Keep 'em coming!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
I'd like to thank my Santa as well. He did good. I know I'm VERY tough to buy for. My wife tells me that all the time. Most of the problem lies in the fact that when I want something, I just buy it for myself, so I hardly ever have a list to go from.

My Santa found something I didn't have, nor even know I needed, but it will get used and reside at my lathe sharpening station. This is a much better gauge than the one I've been using.

Well done, and thank you very much!
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
(12-26-2017, 01:43 PM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: I'd like to thank my Santa as well. He did good. I know I'm VERY tough to buy for. My wife tells me that all the time. Most of the problem lies in the fact that when I want something, I just buy it for myself, so I hardly ever have a list to go from.

My Santa found something I didn't have, nor even know I needed,  but it will get used and reside at my lathe sharpening station. This is a much better gauge than the one I've been using.

Well done, and thank you very much!

Need Pictures Greg.
Yes   Also I am curious what it is to.

Geek

Those are nice saws and I really like the looks of the handles to.

Many thanks to my Santa, Arlin Eastman!

The bowl interior has an amazing chatoyance from the grain and an excellent finish.  The carving mallet has an Osage Orange head that is of a lovely weight. Thank you so much, and again, Merry Christmas!!

(12-25-2017, 10:29 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: Loving the pics, guys.  Keep 'em coming!

My secret santa has raised the bar.  A super nice collection of things, I'm very grateful.

From Left to right:

Some italian Rifflers  
Yes

Some hard arkansas, and india Slip stones.

A super cool oil can.

A wonderfully made cherry knob and tote set that will soon find it's way on my main jack plane...

A handy tape measure you can write on

a nice piece of cocobolo?

A nice carving mallet.

Can't wait to put this stuff to use.  Thanks so much Santa!!

[Image: 00Y0Y_bMyhvRt9wXn_1200x900.jpg]
[Image: 00909_4vWEaGIA3h1_1200x900.jpg][Image: 00e0e_RSL65mPLud_1200x900.jpg]
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH SANTA!
This is so very timely.  Working on chairs now...always wanted on but just never got 'rountoit' . 
Veritas® Chairmaker's Scraper
[Image: ReturnToSearch.gif]
[Image: 05p3380s04.jpg]

[Image: 05p3380s03.jpg]

While this chairmaker's scraper was designed primarily for chairmakers' use, it can be used for any other scraping task in the shop. The appeal of this tool is that it can be used as is for scraping flat surfaces with the included straight blade.
For scraping round pieces, additional blades are available: three concave shapes in 1/2", 7/8" and 1-1/4" diameters and one convex (1-1/2" radius). The straight blade could also be ground to a specific shape.

(12-26-2017, 06:41 PM)SCMedLion Wrote: Many thanks to my Santa, Arlin Eastman!

The bowl interior has an amazing chatoyance from the grain and an excellent finish.  The carving mallet has an Osage Orange head that is of a lovely weight. Thank you so much, and again, Merry Christmas!!

OK, this is totally not in the Christmas spirit, but...

NICE HAUL!!!

Big Grin 

Beautiful work. Way to go, Arlin!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Mine arrived today.

Probably delayed because it came to Kali from a free state, and with no Prop 65 warning label on the package.
Smirk 

My Santa got me a set of router blades.  Very cool.  I have a router, but with only one blade.  These will be very helpful for inlay work:

[Image: SecretSanta20171OPT.jpg]

And a half dozen books for my perusal:

[Image: SecretSanta20172OPT.jpg]

And my Santa also made me a wooden spoon.  But alas, the books didn't get along so well with the spoon, and it arrived as a spork:

[Image: SecretSanta20173OPT.jpg]

Or perhaps it is a puzzle for The Varmints...  All the pieces are there.  It is just a little gluing project.  The sort that any woodworker should be adept at.

And there was a note.

Thank you Sean.

Bummer about the spoon.  I do appreciate the effort to include a hand made object.  The shipping gorillas weren't kind to it though.