another build thread...
Taking this Holiday weekend off from the shop.....Happy Holidays, twerps
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Late last night, I went to check on the shop......wound up putting the panel for the case's top in the clamps & cauls...

This morning...checked on the clothes in the dryer,, removed the panel from the clamps and cauls.    Turned around, and clamped side panel #2 into the clamps & cauls.    Will let that sit for most of the day.  

$50 Gift card from Lowes is burning a hole in me pocket......may do some shopping while the glue dries....
Winkgrin 

Stay tuned.....
Roh Kay, Raggy....got a few things at the Blue BORG today.....a 1 x 6 x 6',  a pair of 1 x 2 x 8', a 1/4" x 2' x 4' plywood panel, and a Shopsmith 36 grit Ceramic sanding belt.    I wanted to "hog" most of the high spots off with the beltsander...

However, this little fella works great at removing any dried glue.    Got most of the panels flattened,  both with the sander, and a few of these things..
Rolleyes  

Junior Jack plane, traversing the panels, to level them out better, fine tuned with a ...

Stanley #4 ( tape is more for a grip, not a repair)
Panels have been trimmed for width, so they both match.   Same with the length, and the ends are now square

Still have to trace out a profile for the feet.   And saw them out.  And maybe work on the top of the case?

Or..just work on adding a couple shelves, and the webframes for a drawer?  We'll see..right now I am plumb tuckered out

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Now have the "front" edges planed to match each other....

And now have the feet cut out....
Winkgrin 

Used a "Vintage " saw to make the cuts, though
Uhoh  

Not quite into the "Cardio Workout" using a coping saw would entail..
No ..Saw was bought new back about....1970?
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes  

Wanted one good edge as a front for the two panels.   I still need to work on the top edges.  I will  be running the Stanley 45 along these good front edges, as the face frame will use a T & G joint.   Nice to get rid of any "dippity-dos" before that happens.
Winkgrin

Would like to hide out in the shop for at least a full day..or three, so I can get something done.    Need to keep my rearend at home.
Rolleyes
Bandit

I really love how you share and take the time to show is what you are doing and using.  Also nice in the way you finish one project and almost start another right away.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Looking good!
Smile

My Dad had a B&D jigsaw that looked just like that one.
Cool
(12-28-2017, 01:04 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: My Dad had a B&D jigsaw that looked just like that one.
Cool

I had one. It did the job at the time. I wasn't too proud of it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-28-2017, 01:28 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I had one. It did the job at the time. I wasn't too proud of it.

Me too. Mine burned up cutting one of those big power line cable spools ... years ago. I still have a drill of that color; not the green spray on Bandit's.

And, yes. It is nice to see a project completed in a matter of days. Mine last years.
My grand dad had a B&D jig saw like that. I hated that saw because it was so hard to change the blade. It didn't pass my shops doorstep when he passed nor when my dad passed. It got sold when the fire sale at my Mom's place happened. Good Ridance. Did I say I hated that saw?

The build is looking good, Bandit. Keep up the good work and keep the rest of us wishing we had your energy.
Roh kay, Raggy....laid out for a couple shelves, and a couple webframes..

Used the drawer front blank to set up where the webframes needed to be, and allowed for the face frame.   The corded thing ?

The two shelves will use a sliding dovetail joint. I laid out where the shelves were to go, and a center line

I measured from the edge of the router's base, to the center of the bit, and set up a guide fence..

Home-made, it can guide a router, a circular saw, and even act as a rip fence of a DeWalt Jobsite tablesaw..  Once I had things close to where they need to be...a square was used to double check the set up..

Was getting a bit late, last night, so I didn't run the router.  
Rolleyes

next episode?   Well, this morning I did indeed use that Sears Craftsman router....with mixed results..stay tuned, BRB