another build thread...
Thought about a nap...got vetoed...so, I meandered back to the shop, carrying a plank of 4/4 Ash along...

Got the second webframe made up.  It doesn't need a kicker, nothing below it..Same as before, three oversized pilot holes, and drive three screws at each end..

This is the frame the drawer will ride on.   As for that plank of Ash....Decided to rip a few parts for the face frame...needed to cut the plank down a bit, first.   Was going to use a Disston D-23......set was almost gone....Plan B...

Was this Disston D-112.   Seemed to do the job quite well.
Set up that Home Made Rip Fence, again.   This time it was for the bandsaw..
Uhoh 

COPD means I am not going to rip boards with a handsaw.   Two pieces from that plank, one @35" or so....to get the stiles, and what was left over would make the rails.   Got three stiles...one had a big curve on one end.    Just so happens that the rails were just long enough, I missed the cured part...One of the rail blanks has a bit of wane to it...may do a glue up, and have the wane edge at the bottom...

Two "good" stiles, and the curved one..

And four rail blanks, including the wane edged one.   Mortise and tenon joints to connect all of these, plus a groove along the stiles' backsides, for the T&G glue joint.  Maybe get around to it...tomorrow? 
Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Wait, does that bandsaw have a cord?
Confused

No
(12-30-2017, 09:57 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Wait, does that bandsaw have a cord?
Confused

No
Yep, had to give up on the hand-cranked one...
Laugh
Yer break time is up.............
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Roh Kay, Raggy.....here we go.....hang on tight
Laugh 
Got out the big plane for today's work..
Rolleyes 

Stanley #31.   Jointed the edges of the stiles, once the two stiles were jointed, decided to make sure they matched each other

Then set up the Stanley 45...to mill a couple grooves...

Then clamped the stiles roughly into place..

while I get the rails attended to..

Used another "sliding Mitresaw" to square the ends of the rails..

Hmm, stay tuned, part 2 is coming right up....
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Ok, ends are squared up, needed the edges jointed...

reset the jig, clamped all three rails together..

They were a bit on the rough side
Uhoh   Was too short to use the #31 again, we have ways
Cool 

Millers Falls #11.....worked nicely enough.    Since the stiles were still clamped to the case, I marked the rails to size the tenons

Wasn't too happy with them,  decided to adjust them a bit
Uhoh  

These look a bit better.    Had to readjust the mortise jig, since the stiles are thicker than the webframe parts were

Ok, Part 3 coming up?    Stay tuned....
Winkgrin
Ok, part three of today's adventures
Winkgrin 

Once the mortise jig was set up, and the locations for the mortises laid out.....time to get chopping
Winkgrin 

Have 6 to chop...one down...5 to go

Two down.   This will be the opening for the drawer, BTW.   Turn the stile end for end...

And the bottom rail is done.    One stile is now done.   Taking a break, before I get to the second stile.    Need a bandaid on a knuckle
Uhoh 
 Tired of leaving DNA on the wood.  Does this mean I am a "Knuckle-dragger"?
Confused
Laugh 

Not too bad of an afternoon.  Stay tuned, may be a little more will get done, for this year?
Winkgrin
Band-aid??  You woosy!  Grab some duct tape and all will be well.  If it won't stop bleeding then throw some dirt in the cut and reapply the duct tape.

Forget about taking breaks and repairing wounds, WE WANT TO SEE RESULTS.  (or else I feel a strike coming on)
Big Grin

Naw.  you do good work, bandit.  Keep it up because you've got a fan in me.  Thanks for taking the time to take pics and all you do.  I appreciate it.
(12-31-2017, 05:18 PM)Tynyyn Wrote: Band-aid??  You woosy!  Grab some duct tape and all will be well.  If it won't stop bleeding then throw some dirt in the cut and reapply the duct tape.

Forget about taking breaks and repairing wounds, WE WANT TO SEE RESULTS.  (or else I feel a strike coming on)
Big Grin

Naw.  you do good work, bandit.  Keep it up because you've got a fan in me.  Thanks for taking the time to take pics and all you do.  I appreciate it.

Laugh

Stick a piece of rebar in the fire and then cauterize the wound.
Today being a Monday
Uhoh , AND a holiday.
Yes ..woodshop is closed.
Winkgrin   Have a Happy New Year, People
Winkgrin