Squeaking Roof Turbine
wife called, says one of the turbines on the roof of the lake house is squeaking.

What is the normal course of action so I know what to bring along with me tonight when I head up to the lake?

WD40, silicon, lithium ?
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Ours had the bushing wear out, then it was metal to metal rubbing. Arghhhhh, noisy at night when sleeping.
Laugh 
So we bagged it with a heavy trash bag, tied with duct tape.
It was removed this fall, and we installed a non moving vent.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-05-2018, 03:10 PM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: wife called, says one of the turbines on the roof of the lake house is squeaking.

What is the normal course of action so I know what to bring along with me tonight when I head up to the lake?

WD40, silicon, lithium ?

I would take the WD40 along as a cleaner, then apply the lithium or a dry type lubricant like a Teflon based lubricant.    WD40 will not last for long as a lubricant.   Take along the trash bag like Stwood said if you find the bushing gone. Roly
Forgot to add, if it is very cold where you are, like here, walking on shingles is not a good idea.
Probably a plastic bushing- use silicon grease.

Or take with you, a new turbine or vent that doesn't turn. Never saw the reason for a turning vent except to make you feel like it is doing something- yet the way they are made, if they stop, you're more likely to get rain through them- and squirrels.
I had one of the "brace less" types that did that and it turned out it was knocked a little off center by something, and had metal rubbing. Re aligning it did fix the problem....but I think I was lucky. On the other 2 that squeaked, they had worn out busing. I swore I would never buy another of thme and if I ever buy another one, it would be a ball bearing model. If the bushing is worn out, replacement is about the only option (other than rendering it immovable).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.