Lie Nielsen in Chicago - January 26-27
I'll go if you guys go...otherwise these events can be a bit redundant.  There is a good lunch place just down the street.
Cool
[attachment=7274][attachment=7275]
(01-09-2018, 01:56 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: I'll go if you guys go...otherwise these events can be a bit redundant.  There is a good lunch place just down the street.
Cool

I'll be there with my usual assortment of bench planes. Plus, I'm start to roll out some joinery planes, so I should have a rabbet or two…hope to see some of you there!

Mike Brady, what's the lunch place? I'm from Chicago, but I don't know that hood.

voigtplanes.com
blackdogswoodshop.blogspot.com
Uncertain about my attendance, but if I were choosing a place to meet and eat, I'd vote for something unique to the neighborhood.  I've never been but would try this...  http://www.smaktak.com/aboutus.htm  It's a Polish restaurant on Elston at Peterson, just a few blocks away.
(01-15-2018, 01:49 PM)SteveVoigt Wrote: I'll be there with my usual assortment of bench planes. Plus, I'm start to roll out some joinery planes, so I should have a rabbet or two…hope to see some of you there!

Mike Brady, what's the lunch place? I'm from Chicago, but I don't know that hood.

Steve, nice planes!
Smile

Do you find quartered beech hard to procure?
(01-15-2018, 04:28 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Steve, nice planes!
Smile

Do you find quartered beech hard to procure?

Thanks Rick, yes, finding the right wood is a constant issue. I'll be detouring to Louisville on my way home from the LN show to pick up some more!
voigtplanes.com
blackdogswoodshop.blogspot.com
(01-09-2018, 08:19 AM)John Clifford Wrote: Maybe we can wrangle Slav out of bed and get him there Saturday morning.

I would not count on that John, LOL   Bye the way, I still have that #45 I bought from you.

Captjack
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Captjack, good to hear from you, it’s been a long time. I’m glad that #45 went to a good home.

Take care,
John
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
(01-15-2018, 02:13 PM)BillMcD Wrote: Uncertain about my attendance, but if I were choosing a place to meet and eat, I'd vote for something unique to the neighborhood.  I've never been but would try this...  http://www.smaktak.com/aboutus.htm  It's a Polish restaurant on Elston at Peterson, just a few blocks away.

The place we tend to go is just to the east of the woodworking school and across Northwest Highway.  It's called the Highway House.  Rating is ****'s and you don't even have to move your car.  Nice bar and dining room and they cook everything to order.  I'll be there in the morning so we can discuss.  The other suggestion sounds good too.  

I'm the old guy with the gray hair.  Does that help?
Mostly depending on weather, but I might roll up if you guys are doing a meet and greet lunch thing. That would be cool.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Ya ya ya, see you all Saturday morning.

Slav
"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.