Hand Saw Sharpening needed
I picked up a dull tenon saw and I need advise on where I can send it for re-sharpening and leveling out the teeth. I live in Michigan and don't mind sending it out.
Thanks,
Dave
You know, I've a couple of saws I'd like professionally sharpened as well.
Yes
I would suggest Matt Cianci in Rhode Island. Another option might be Ron Bontz, but I don't know if he works on saws other than the ones he's made.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(01-09-2018, 10:40 AM)med-one Wrote: I picked up a dull tenon saw and I need advise on where I can send it for re-sharpening and leveling out the teeth. I live in Michigan and don't mind sending it out.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

I'm also in Michigan and can tune up your saw for you. I've done about 150 saws of all types in the last couple of years.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(01-09-2018, 03:33 PM)enjuneer Wrote: Dave,

I'm also in Michigan and can tune up your saw for you. I've done about 150 saws of all types in the last couple of years.

Bob, if someone sends you a saw to have sharpened, do you prefer just the saw plate or what?

TIA.
Smile
(01-09-2018, 03:53 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Bob, if someone sends you a saw to have sharpened, do you prefer just the saw plate or what?

TIA.
Smile

I prefer to see the complete saw. The attachment of the handle to the plate is an important part of its performance, especially with back saws.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(01-09-2018, 05:28 PM)enjuneer Wrote: I prefer to see the complete saw. The attachment of the handle to the plate is an important part of its performance, especially with back saws.

Gotcha.
Smile
(01-09-2018, 05:28 PM)enjuneer Wrote: I prefer to see the complete saw. The attachment of the handle to the plate is an important part of its performance, especially with back saws.

Also, its hard to do a test cut without the handle........
Laugh
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-09-2018, 06:23 PM)Admiral Wrote: Also, its hard to do a test cut without the handle........
Laugh

Why I oughta..................................................
Upset
Laugh