Please help me figure out who made these fine saws.
These two saws look remarkably similar.

[Image: reagan_disston.png]

[Image: even_more_stanley_45_pics_now_with_a_bead_too_012.jpg]

The second saw with the mahogany handle is mine, the first saw is from a company in Colorado called Winsor Saw.

http://www.winsorsaw.com/index.htm

I intend to contact them and see if they recognize my saws.
Raised
Might have been TimHoth.

By the time that I got my dovetail saw from him, he was embossing the back. IIRC, the early ones were bare (no company stamp).
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-11-2018, 07:53 PM)iclark Wrote: Might have been TimHoth.

By the time that I got my dovetail saw from him, he was embossing the back. IIRC, the early ones were bare (no company stamp).

The only woodnetter I know of making saws with a folded brass back in that period or before, was Nordic..because he and I exchanged information on the bending fixture he made for that purpose...Not sure if Mike Wenzloff was folding backs during that time but it's possible..I know at first the saws he made had slotted backs.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-11-2018, 07:53 PM)iclark Wrote: Might have been TimHoth.

Hmmm... that name sort of rings a bell, but I don't know.
Raised

Do you know by chance what he is doing these days?
(01-11-2018, 08:31 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Hmmm... that name sort of rings a bell, but I don't know.
Raised

Do you know by chance what he is doing these days?

Sorry, but I lost track. He made good on my purchase after the USPS damaged the first saw in the mail. So, I have nothing but good things to say about him.

You might want to ping one of the mods to see if they can help you revive your previous login. Then you could check your old PM's.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(01-11-2018, 08:39 PM)iclark Wrote: Sorry, but I lost track. He made good on my purchase after the USPS damaged the first saw in the mail. So, I have nothing but good things to say about him.

You might want to ping one of the mods to see if they can help you revive your previous login. Then you could check your old PM's.

Probably a good idea.
I have a 12" tenon saw made by youngmoses with a maple leaf (carved by Catherine Kennedy) on one of the nuts. (I don't know whether that was on all his saws.)   Also don't know what happened to him, but his name is David Young.  The #9  could be his as well, but it sure looks like one that I have made by Ed________ (his name will come to me next Tuesday at 2:00 a.m.) of Medallion Toolworks.  IIRC, he quit making saws because he couldn't make a living at it. (Very nice guy. ) I think I met him at the second WWIA shows.  Like too many others, Steve Knight comes to mind, I think he seriously under priced his saws.
Tony
(01-11-2018, 09:26 PM)Tony (Charleston WV) Wrote: I have a 12" tenon saw made by youngmoses with a maple leaf (carved by Catherine Kennedy) on one of the nuts. (I don't know whether that was on all his saws.)   Also don't know what happened to him, but his name is David Young.  The #9  could be his as well, but it sure looks like one that I have made by Ed________ (his name will come to me next Tuesday at 2:00 a.m.) of Medallion Toolworks.  IIRC, he quit making saws because he couldn't make a living at it. (Very nice guy. ) I think I met him at the second WWIA shows.  Like too many others, Steve Knight comes to mind, I think he seriously under priced his saws. 

Tony

Just for clarity; all 4 of these saws were made by the same guy and I bought them in the swap & sell down below over the course of about 2 weeks. (I was on a tear!)
Big Grin
(01-11-2018, 09:26 PM)Tony (Charleston WV) Wrote: I have a 12" tenon saw made by youngmoses with a maple leaf (carved by Catherine Kennedy) on one of the nuts. (I don't know whether that was on all his saws.)   Also don't know what happened to him, but his name is David Young.  The #9  could be his as well, but it sure looks like one that I have made by Ed________ (his name will come to me next Tuesday at 2:00 a.m.) of Medallion Toolworks.  IIRC, he quit making saws because he couldn't make a living at it. (Very nice guy. ) I think I met him at the second WWIA shows.  Like too many others, Steve Knight comes to mind, I think he seriously under priced his saws. 

Tony

The Medallion Toolworks saw maker was Ed Pak.  I have two of his saws and the brass backs he used did not look like the ones the original poster has shown.  I am not sure he ever sold through the swap and sell on this site either as he is located in Canada.
KlausK. and Pedder (Two Lawyers) used to offer magnificent saws here in SnS but that got slowed down when one of them developed a severe wood allergy.

I think that the OP would have had to have bought them longer ago than thought in order to get them without the Two Lawyers blade etch.