Daily Bench Shot
Tonights workbench is the floor.  
Crazy

Have to put the battery back in and grease it.

Theres like 15 grease fittings  
Upset  most are almost impossible to get to  
Upset .

Not a good night to stop in for a visit, the language will be fowl and tools will be thrown.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

Slab cherry doors

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Salt huh. You doin' nonskid doors?

Do you run the splitter off the tractor or does it have it's own motor?

Slab cherry? No glue up? Or have I misunderstood?
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(02-23-2018, 07:22 PM)Redman Wrote: Salt huh. You doin' nonskid doors?

Do you run the splitter off the tractor or does it have it's own motor?

Slab cherry? No glue up? Or have I misunderstood?

No salt added to the finish. I don't walk on them Red.
Slap  
Laugh  
Winkgrin  
Winkgrin

Splitter runs off the tractor hydraulics.

Narrower doors (8" and less) are single boards. Wider ones are glued up to prevent warp-age.

Slab doors (my description) have no frames, just a board. I'm cutting bead details on these.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Here is my new bench in place.  Finished the structure last night and dragged it into place.  On top of it is my new plunge base for the PC Router.  I am hoping this new plunge base will help me figure out how to route the holes to the proper shape.  Lots of work still to go.

Attached Files Image(s)

A carpenter's house is never done.
(02-24-2018, 03:24 PM)photobug Wrote: Here is my new bench in place.  Finished the structure last night and dragged it into place.  On top of it is my new plunge base for the PC Router.  I am hoping this new plunge base will help me figure out how to route the holes to the proper shape.  Lots of work still to go.

Looking good photobug.
Cool

First coat of finish...

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Re-purposeing some  old unused cedar deck boards....another loml yard art project.

Rolleyes

At least is smells good in the shop.  
Laugh

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a quick update regarding the accident. I got the "lecterns" finished, client was very happy to get her "podiums" in time for her group's 100th anniversary celebration. Many compliments afterward.

The joiner was mounted to a jig and clamped to the table. I was feeding 3/4" face trim against the fence by hand instead of using a pusher. Yeah, stupid, but isn't it always?

If you want to get the jitters, try watching your 84-yo buddy with arthritis work that same biscuit joiner. He did a great job, and after it was done we celebrated at Applebee's with the wives.

Thanks for all your concern and care. I'm in final week of therapy, can almost make a fist again.

Now for my next act…
Danno

Creston Wood
(02-25-2018, 10:16 AM)digidan Wrote: Just a quick update regarding the accident. I got the "lecterns" finished, client was very happy to get her "podiums" in time for her group's 100th anniversary celebration. Many compliments afterward.

The joiner was mounted to a jig and clamped to the table. I was feeding 3/4" face trim against the fence by hand instead of using a pusher. Yeah, stupid, but isn't it always?

If you want to get the jitters, try watching your 84-yo buddy with arthritis work that same biscuit joiner. He did a great job, and after it was done we celebrated at Applebee's with the wives.

Thanks for all your concern and care. I'm in final week of therapy, can almost make a fist again.

Now for my next act…

Glad you are on the mend, and your projects completed.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-24-2018, 11:19 PM)EdL Wrote: Re-purposeing some  old unused cedar deck boards....another loml yard art project.

Rolleyes

At least is smells good in the shop.  
Laugh

Ed

Ed, 

From what I can see of that bench, it looks pretty.  Care to share a picture of the bench not covered?  What kind of wood is it?
A carpenter's house is never done.