Daily Bench Shot
(02-25-2018, 05:19 PM)photobug Wrote: Ed, 

From what I can see of that bench, it looks pretty.  Care to share a picture of the bench not covered?  What kind of wood is it?

Honey Locust......very hard and unstable. Short trunked trees, 3 of us bought 80 logs from MSU for chump change. I milled what I needed, then quit, Brian helped mill, seen what a pita they were just to mill, told his brother take mine. Pete milled enough to wainscoat his basement, then quit.....the rest went to firewood.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful bench Ed.
Yes 

Doors are about done. Installing them in the house. Hafta find something for the bench tomorrow.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-25-2018, 10:16 PM)EdL Wrote: Honey Locust......very hard and unstable. Short trunked trees, 3 of us bought 80 logs from MSU for chump change. I milled what I needed, then quit, Brian helped mill, seen what a pita they were just to mill, told his brother take mine. Pete milled enough to wainscoat his basement, then quit.....the rest went to firewood.

Ed

Man that wood must be a pain to work with, if it can turn out such a beautiful bench and you can say it's not worth the effort.

Hopefully it made nice fires as well.
A carpenter's house is never done.
(02-27-2018, 01:09 AM)photobug Wrote: Man that wood must be a pain to work with, if it can turn out such a beautiful bench and you can say it's not worth the effort.

Hopefully it made nice fires as well.

End result was worth the effort......just a battle from start to finish.

one of those things, had no I idea what Honey Locust was like to work with, other than the hardness Black Locust isn't bad. The logs were short, lots of stress. I couldn't make the bench an inch longer, for an idea of what I was working with.

Thanks, Steve.

Ed
Not much bench action today apparently.
Raised  
Laugh
Laugh 

Well, same here. Had other chores to do.

If I could figure out how to retain all the heat that comes from burning limbs and brush, and be able to use that retained heat to heat my house and shop, I'd be a rich man.
Winkgrin  I think......
Uhoh

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-28-2018, 07:48 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Not much bench action today apparently.
Raised  
Laugh
Laugh 

Well, same here. Had other chores to do.

If I could figure out how to retain all the heat that comes from burning limbs and brush, and be able to use that retained heat to heat my house and shop, I'd be a rich man.
Winkgrin  I think......
Uhoh

I remember seeing heating systems that ran off large wood stoves outside the house that connected to the ducting system in Minnesota when I was there.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(02-28-2018, 10:02 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I remember seeing heating systems that ran off large wood stoves outside the house that connected to the ducting system in Minnesota when I was there.

Those are fairly popular. Hardy Stoves is a main brand. Keeps the mess and fire danger outside.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nothing today, just some planed wood for a utility table laying on the planer and assorted stuff on the bench. Busy inside today.

[Image: 100_3316.jpg]
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(03-01-2018, 11:48 AM)Redman Wrote: Nothing today, just some planed wood for a utility table laying on the planer and assorted stuff on the bench. Busy inside today.

Where are you hiding those coleman's at....
Raised
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-01-2018, 03:36 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Where are you hiding those coleman's at....
Raised

Wife needin' a new stove?

Laugh

Starting the frame for the screen panel......

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)