Bought some "lumber" today..
As always, we're all watching... you just move too fast for us to reply.... keep'em coming!
Skip

Usual suspects....
Rolleyes 

Chop a few of these things..

A few dry fits....

Spread some glue....maybe a tad too much
Rolleyes  

Then a few clamps were added...
Uhoh   

Will let this face frame sit overnight....maybe an install tomorrow? 
Stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Errands ran, Doctor visit done ( waiting on an MRI/scan to check for any "bleeders" in the brain
Confused )   then a bit of work  in the shop..
Winkgrin

Pulling the side in a bit, and glue and screws to hold the face frame in place...

Had to trim the case a bit, so the stiles matched the case's feet..and..

then stand the case up..and haul a 1 x8 to the shop...

Needed 3 pieces, 27" long.     Ripped one board down, to come up with the 18"  width..

Still need to joint the edges....and glue up the results into a panel for the top of the case....THEN I can start work on a drawer....

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Planed the face grain and jointed a few edges  

Maybe a bit too long of a plane...
Confused  

More my size....just so I could glue up a 3 board panel today..
Cool  

Maybe tomorrow, sometime, I can make use of all three planes?
Confused  

Once the clamps come off.   Supposed to be the top of the case.

Need to add runners for the drawer to slide on....before of after the top goes on...
Confused

Then maybe see about building a drawer...stay tuned...I have a CT Scan on my head scheduled for tomorrow afternoon...will see what happens after that...Doctor thinks there may be a little "bleeder" inside the Single Brain Cell...
Uhoh
Seeing you use the 45 all the time for beads, just how hard is it to make them?  Also can you make them on the edge of a board to?
 I like how nice it is coming along. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-08-2018, 09:34 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Seeing you use the 45 all the time for beads, just how hard is it to make them?  Also can you make them on the edge of a board to?
 I like how nice it is coming along. 
Yes

Thin cuts usually work the best.   Have to watch at the end of a board,  as the plane will try to cut too deep.   Been using a depth stop....have to keep that clear of shavings.   Can be used on the edges of a board, IF both skates can ride on the board.    You and also set the fence so a bead can be out in the middle of a board......or, you can keep adjusting the fence and have a bunch of beads side by side...

The bead on the right takes two cuts, one on the edge, one on the face,  same setting of the fence for each.
Would it be good to put a board at the end of it so you do not have to worry about it blowing out the end?  Just thinking here like I do for a router and table saw.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-09-2018, 01:27 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Would it be good to put a board at the end of it so you do not have to worry about it blowing out the end?  Just thinking here like I do for a router and table saw.

Since I make beads going with the grain, or try to,  not much chance of a blow out on the end.   All your weight on the plane at the end should be on the rear handle.  You  can also "start" the cuts at the far end, and work your way back.
Trying to get caught up....top is out of the clamps, and off the top of the case...ripped a few 1 x 1s and made a couple runners for the drawer to slide on..and a couple guides to keep the drawer centered..

Both are attached to the webframe with a bead of glue and a screw..but not into the sides of the case...
Corner blocks needed  a slot  cut..

Done by drilling a through hole, then rocking the drill back and forth to cut the slot..
Cool  

Got about this far, had to stop, and go get the CT Scan done....passed this place along the way.. 
Cool

Had some errands to run.  

Part 2 coming right up...stay tuned
Winkgrin
Ok, back home.   Worked on the top a bit...cleaned the glue joints up..

Squared the ends with a Vintage saw and guide thingy
Rolleyes  

Was finally able to attach the top to the case...sat both upside down on the bench..

And drove a screw through each corner block, centered in the slot...

Then set the case back onto the floor...had some drawing to do..
Uhoh  

As the front corners get a radius  cut...stay tuned,  more to come
Winkgrin