Wrap electric receptical screws with tape?
Come to think of it, I've never seen a receptacle connection short out against the box. I've seen nutted connections burn through and then touch the box.  
I did have the plastic break on a breaker box sending one supply leg to ground, rattling the lines until the fuse popped open on the pole. that one explosion got my attention.
Laugh   I figure the huge wire was under a LOT of tension when it was connected all those years. Was lucky I had my shades on- little embedded burn dots all over them. My hearing came back too.
(03-27-2018, 06:29 PM)daddo Wrote: Come to think of it, I've never seen a receptacle connection short out against the box. I've seen nutted connections burn through and then touch the box.  
I did have the plastic break on a breaker box sending one supply leg to ground, rattling the lines until the fuse popped open on the pole. that one explosion got my attention.
Laugh   I figure the huge wire was under a LOT of tension when it was connected all those years. Was lucky I had my shades on- little embedded burn dots all over them. My hearing came back too.

In commercial applications it happens. Also the outlets in kitchens get allot of grease and crap in there and the tape keeps the grease etc from building up on the screws and eventually shorting to the box. I have seen a few outlets catch fire in (commercial) kitchens. Replacing receptacles for fryers in a fast food restaurant is extremely nasty to where I will buy a tyvek suit on the way there...
Wrapping them with tape was how I was taught.  I don't always do it.  I can certainly relate to finding the old tape to be a gooey mess.  But if the situation looks like it might benefit from a couple of wraps of tape I will do it.

I will second the motion that drywall screws should be regulated.  The previous owner of my Jeep seemed to think drywall screws were an improvement over the factory fasteners.  
Crazy
Dude it is a Jeep... my guess is they were an improvement over factory fasteners or perhaps that is what the factory used
Wink
taping is code here, I don't know if it applies to plastic boxes but I do those too just to keep it as a habit.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I've heard rumors of it. Never seen it in any box I've opened.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.