https://www.ebay.com/itm/1910s-STANLEY-B...Sweq5atWnr
P.T. Barnum said it best !!!!!!!!
Laugh
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Well, it's a low knob.  And it's really clean.  Someone must have wanted to complete a set of that type.  Or his/her sense of market values has been skewed by getting the Bridge City and Lie Nielsen catalogs for years.
Hmm...makes me wonder how much my Type 7 No. 8 would bring...
Rolleyes 

Hmmmm..
Cool
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
EBay prices are going up. Thats no secret. Imo that's good for us that use and deal with hand tools.
Guess it's time to start posting some 8' s
Smile
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Over 15 years ago when Stanley planes first came up on Ebay, I could buy a pristine pre-war or post war Bailey of any number in chrisp condition with rosewood handles for about $15-20 bucks and another $6-7 to ship.  Now really cleans ones are $75-100.  I'm glad I bought the 45-50 Stanley planes I have now back then.
Eric
The person selling this ships worldwide, I wonder if it was an overseas buyer. Sellers don't always ship overseas, I know I don't anymore.
pat
(04-04-2018, 04:37 PM)Pat Zabrocki Wrote: The person selling this ships worldwide, I wonder if it was an overseas buyer.  Sellers don't always ship overseas, I know I don't anymore.
pat

If it sold overseas, the US Customs will block the shipping because of the rosewood handles. It's why I no longer do. I had a few planes quarantined because of that.
Jeez. I've got a low knob 8 I picked up at the flea market for $50. I thought I paid too much for it too. It's in nice shape. Doesn't need more than brushing off and honing.

carl