Daily Bench Shot
Very slow progress on replacing my old router table top.

[Image: 40696612034_9ba960944b_z.jpg]

Got it laminated (3/4" + 1/2" MDF), edge trimmed (being lazy this time and not bothering with a miter), hole cut, levelers installed (Kreg brand) and the new router lift fitted.  Now we slather on some poly on the bottom side as a sealer.  Once it is installed in place of the old top, I can cut in the dado for the T track, slather on more poly and give it a wax.  

Shoulda just bought a darn top...

And I remember now why I don't use much MDF.  Stuff makes a mess on the floor.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
And.....................we're back.............

Busy canning smoked pork today, so the bench is on vacation....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-12-2018, 03:16 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: And.....................we're back.............

Busy canning smoked pork today, so the bench is on vacation....

At least the clean up alien is getting a rest.

Bunch of pineapples today. PT tomorrow and more pineapple
Crazy , SWMBO didn't object. Maybe more quart jars.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(04-12-2018, 06:13 PM)Redman Wrote: Bunch of pineapples today. PT tomorrow and more pineapple
Crazy , SWMBO didn't object. Maybe more quart jars.

Cool

We smoked and canned 12 pints of pork.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-12-2018, 06:29 PM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Cool

We smoked and canned 12 pints of pork.

Cool

You canned the ashes?
Laugh

Dehydrator is going to get a workout this week end. Hail my chopping and slicing arm will too. Anticipate 10/12 pineapples. Meh they are quite good dehydrated.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(04-12-2018, 06:38 PM)Redman Wrote:
Cool

You canned the ashes?
Laugh

Wull......yea. That's where the flavor is.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

[Image: IMG_1852.jpg]
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Rough cutting laminate last weekend......

One more coat of finish on the end panel and this project is getting deported!

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-07-2018, 07:49 PM)Redman Wrote: Woot

Looking good Ed and John.
John, how about a shot of your bench legs and support
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-13-2018, 10:03 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Looking good Ed and John.
John, how about a shot of your bench legs and support

Ok, Stwood you asked for it so here is the ugly truth of it.  This base was slapped together after Cian had sold me the bench top and the tail vise.  I needed a base and was a trifle soft in the treasury so I put this together just so I would have something to set the bench top on, and I thought I would make something better when I had the time and money, well, neither of those things has happened so this is what I have been using.  I would not recommend copying this design it is flawed 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh 

[Image: IMG_1871.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1870.jpg]

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop