Daily Bench Shot
(04-15-2018, 09:47 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: The cabinet looks great in its home.

(04-15-2018, 10:09 AM)GlenS Wrote: Looks right at home Ed!!  Nicely done!!

Thanks!

Ed
Got the new router table top made, router lift installed and hold-down track in place.

Seems to be working just fine.  Much easier to change bits above the table instead of standing on my head every time.  Easy to adjust height on the Kreg lift.

Rest of the bench looks a fright with all the junk it took to get things done and installed sitting out!

[Image: 40592734175_3a587fde04_z.jpg]

Need to build a new dust shroud for the back of the fence.
[Image: 41485819681_f2f28a4f59_z.jpg]

But the bungie cord and D.C. hose does a pretty decent job on big chips.  Fine dust, not so much.  Needs the shroud.

[Image: 40592732205_f741c4414a_z.jpg]

Much easier with the offset wrenches too.  Pretty happy with the upgrade. 

MDF top, 1-1/4" thick (3/4" + 1/2" laminated).  Top and bottom side are now sealed with some polyurethane.  Once the top is dry I'll wax it.

On to bigger and better things, like cleaning up the mess I've made putting this together.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Lookin good Rob.
Cool  Hey run down to a heating supply and see if you can find a 4"x12" or so floor vent that will hook up to your 4" dust hose. You may have to reduce from 6".

Working on my kitchen today, so the bench is only catching passing tools and such today.

I've gained some real estate in the back of the shop after getting the cabs out of here and in the house.
Big Grin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I made a down draft table today seemed to work pretty well.  I hooked it up as I was drilling the holes cleared the top as I was making it.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Since I finished the waitress station my time has been spent at the grease trap....

Getting the Coke fountain tomorrow.  
Cool  
Cool

Ed
(04-16-2018, 10:50 PM)EdL Wrote: Since I finished the waitress station my time has been spent at the grease trap....

Getting the Coke fountain tomorrow.  
Cool  
Cool

Ed

Grease trap smells lovely don't it
Laugh
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Back pain is getting much better but I'm still not supposed to do much, no wood working.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Yesterday I started my Farm Table Project, and because of my recent surgeries Doc says I have to take it slow 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Started with some Barn Lumber:

[Image: IMG_1887.jpg]

This stuff has some really nice Patina:

[Image: IMG_1892.jpg]

Snuck up on the fit of the tenons:

[Image: IMG_1898.jpg]

So far this is what I have completed of the base:

[Image: IMG_1902.jpg]

Back in the shop!   Life is GOOD!!!!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(04-16-2018, 07:43 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Lookin good Rob.
Cool  Hey run down to a heating supply and see if you can find a 4"x12" or so floor vent that will hook up to your 4" dust hose. You may have to reduce from 6".

I've got a gizmo on order from Rockler for about $9 that is supposed to fit the back of the fence I have.  And they had (I think) the right size adapter to get from the shroud to the 4" hose.  Toss in a few bucks more of consumable items to get up to $35 and free shipping if I don't mind them using the slow boat.  

Gotta say, I really do dig having a router lift.  Did a few more test cut the other night, fiddling with just a straight bit, making rabbets, etc.  Way easier now to tweak up and down than before.  I was just using the fixed base that came with my older Craftsman router (almost clone of the PC 890 line, but not quite).  But it always had a bit too much slop and it took a while to get right.  I won't be taking the Kreg lift apart any time soon but whatever they did for anti-backlash seems to work well. Tested that by raising, lowering and then raising back to same height per the dial and dang if it wasn't on the money.  Time will tell how well it continues to work.

We have the Woodpecker branded lifts at the KCWG shop and those things are a pain in the butt.  They use a half-nut system and use far too fine of a thread.  Takes a hot minute for the thread to get clogged and the adjuster will start to slip.  The locking mechanism is tied to far too small of a hex head set screw so that's always getting buggered too.  The Kreg (and the Rockler clone and a few others) use a single, larger (1/4"?) hex shank for both the adjust and the lock.  The Rockler clone has a neat feature (and ridiculously expensive) feature where it has a hi/lo gear for fast lift and lower.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(04-17-2018, 07:24 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Yesterday I started my Farm Table Project, and because of my recent surgeries Doc says I have to take it slow 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Started with some Barn Lumber:

[Image: IMG_1887.jpg]

This stuff has some really nice Patina:

[Image: IMG_1892.jpg]

Snuck up on the fit of the tenons:

[Image: IMG_1898.jpg]

So far this is what I have completed of the base:

[Image: IMG_1902.jpg]

Back in the shop!   Life is GOOD!!!!