1968 Unisaw quit working
(06-12-2018, 10:24 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Grizzly has universal switches also.

(06-13-2018, 06:19 AM)TDKPE Wrote: But did the motor start?  It not staying in does not mean it's bad. 

If the stop button contacts are stuck open from dust (they're normally closed until you push the Stop button) the contactor inside the motor control will not latch itself closed, and the motor won't continue running.  There is probably a NEMA contactor in there with a set of auxiliary contacts mounted to it (smaller) for the latching function, with control wires to it, and which the Stop button releases when pressed by breaking the circuit to the coil on the main contactor.

There is a strong possibility there is nothing wrong with your motor control that some cleaning with compressed air won't cure.  Or even a loose wire.

That Furnas motor control is industrial strength.  I wouldn't toss it so quick without some more investigation.

Just walked outside and pressed the button and the saw runs like a top. Guess sitting overnight the blown dust settled elsewhere and it runs. blew the switch out late last night, that looks to be the problem Thanks for sticking with me gentlemen Great suggestions and advice was truly appreciated
Kudos go to Wild Turkey, then, for being the first.  
Cool
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(06-13-2018, 08:38 AM)woodcutter100 Wrote: Just walked outside and pressed the button and the saw runs like a top. Guess sitting overnight the blown dust settled elsewhere and it runs. blew the switch out late last night, that looks to be the problem Thanks for sticking with me gentlemen Great suggestions and advice was truly appreciated

Glad the saw started for you. I bought a new saw 25 years ago that would not start from the git  go. Checked power etc. Opened the switch box and a little green piece of plastic fell out. This was the stem part of the green start button. I pushed the contact by hand with a pencil and the saw started right up. I e-mailed Grizzly and told them what part I needed. They sent the button out right away. In the mean time I got a golf tee from a neighbor. I cut the tee off to length needed and glued it to the switch. It's still there and the new button is in a drawer from about 1992. 
mike
My somewhat newer saw did the same. Working at the end of one day, next morning, nothing. 

My first thought was cleaning out the magnetic switch. This has always worked before, but not this time, my switch was surprisingly clean, looked brand new inside.

Long story short, after MUCH unsuccessful diagnostics, I resorted to doing continuity checks on the wiring. Found one wire that was broken inside undamaged insulation. No outward sign, and the break was in the wire, not at an end.

Hope this helps.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Where do you think I learned that trick??

Brain trust here can be useful (as well as entertaining)!!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)