Where does all the crap come from?!
When you have a small work space, you have to get creative. That means keeping a lot of lumber outside. Today I pulled the lumber racks down and spaced them away from the wall the width of a 2x4 ( 3 1/2" ). This allows me to slide sheets of plywood in behind the other stuff. 'Cause nothing takes up a small work shop like a sheet of plywood.

Because I consolidated 2 piles of junk into one, my racks were going to have a lot of wasted space. Luckily, as I was cleaning I found 2 pieces of rebar on the ground. I just drilled a hole in each upright and hammered them in. Used up the wasted space, it was a quick fix, and they're strong.

Anyway, just a little quick and dirty job but it always feels good to get 'er done!

Paul M

Very nice and thanks for sharing but please help those of us with tired eyes and increase the size of your font setting.
Laugh
That looks like random stacking. Are the pieces organized by project?
Most ply outside is NO GO

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

All 'good' wood is inside. This wood gets used fairly soon but some of it has been outside more than a year. It is organized by shape. Sort of. I get most of it for cheap if not free so I just need a place to keep it and don't have room in the shop. Some of it is cedar which holds up well outside. And it is pretty much covered. As a boat builder I am used to building outside anyway.
This month is 'get rid of crap' for me and make a work area I can actually work in; note, no mention of "shop". The wife's junk is leaving, and there may be a war commencing soon. Her stuff and mine don't mix. Never have. That's why I stopped by your post. Hoping for solutions.

An entire wall of the house is covered with mostly finished lumber. I notice that cedars and Doug fir are the most stable. Red oak and maples don't appreciate fresh air.
(06-15-2018, 09:21 AM)sweensdv2 Wrote: Very nice and thanks for sharing but please help those of us with tired eyes and increase the size of your font setting.
Laugh

He probably did a C&P here.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nice but I do not recommend storing your project lumber outside.  Especially plywood.  Definitely MDF.
I told one of the worst offenders at dropping crap off at my back door that I was reversing the flow of material to my shop.  More has to go out than come in.  Made him take a bucket of scraps for his fire pit and a bunch of thin slats I'd saved for probably 10 years.  Told him to give them to folks for garden stakes.  It gets insane.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.