Barn Door style closet doors, skinned in copper
(05-14-2018, 06:50 AM)dejongs Wrote: Couple of downside to nails, finding short enough ones, mounting the copper to 1/2 inch plywood. The color of the nails would be different.

Use the nails made for brass thresholds. They are brass but I think the round head ones look good. If I recall they are 1" long.
mike
3M makes a double sided tape that is used for screwless exterior panels on trailers. That may work for you.
I guess wrapping the panel isn't a look you would consider?  How about just the top so you can attack from the top down or into the back of the panel out of view?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-14-2018, 07:01 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Copper nail heads will tarnish over time.

So will the copper he's using, so better to match the copper sheets with nails that will have the same patina.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(07-12-2018, 12:01 PM)AHill Wrote: So will the copper he's using, so better to match the copper sheets with nails that will have the same patina.

Yes.....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I’d test got melt glue.
(05-14-2018, 06:50 AM)dejongs Wrote: Couple of downside to nails, finding short enough ones, mounting the copper to 1/2 inch plywood. The color of the nails would be different.

McMaster-Carr sells copper upholstery tacks that would work.
Brass escutcheon pins would look decorative.  Or even brass nails.

https://www.unitedmfrs.com/Brass_Escutch...-3935s.htm

E6000 is a styrene based adhesive with many of the same properties as silicone adhesive.  It remains flexible.  It bonds smooth surfaces much stronger than silicone and it is my  adhesive of choice for projects that need extra strength.  

I would sand the copper well to expose a clean surface.

https://www.amazon.com/E6000-232021-Visc...1859&psc=1
  • Tough – 2x stronger and 60x more flex than polyurethane

No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-13-2018, 01:21 PM)dejongs Wrote: Building two barn style closet doors, for a bedroom, about 67"x32". I want to cover the panel in some recycled copper sheeting.

I will probably tack the copper along the edges, those nails will be hidden by the groves the panel will sit in.
I am wondering if I will need to further attach the copper to the panel.
Trying not to have any nails showing.

Are they any glues that would adhere weathered copper to a wood panel?

What do you think?
Is the picture what you are going to use?  How are you going to flatten it to make it look decent?  If you get it flattened, how are you going to glue (clamp) it to the door panel?  That material looked used.  Short of using some sort of thru fastener to pull it tight, if and when you get it flattened is the only way I can see it being done.  
Of course I don't know what "look"  you are trying to achieve.
If you want a copper clad door, buy copper valley tin in a roll.