A Project for the Boss
I love the drawings.... I never learned to use the computer stuff.
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Hey Bandit

I just read on another post you sent me a #35 Stanley?  When should I expect it and thank you very much. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-08-2018, 04:04 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Got panel two out of the clamps..
Winkgrin 

One edge was jointed, then decided to clamp both panels together...and plane the last  edge until it matched

Use this jack plane to get things close, then the 62 and then the #7c....tried to square the ends for the tops of the panels

No longer can trust this square.
Upset ...had to go back and recut the ends..
Upset ..then lay out and cut a foot profile...on the other ends..

Well, it IS a vintage saw..
Rolleyes  got both ends of both panels done...and stacked out of the way..
Cool 

Now I just have to build all the stuff to connect these two panels....and see about a top.  Going to be a while on this build

Norm would have taken one show...
Laugh

Do you always make the outsides first?  I am really needing to make some overhead cabinets with a door and a drawer under the door and wondering how to start. 

I can get cherry or red oak or white oak for $2.50 per bf and thought of doing it that way.  Should I use 1/4" or 3/8" plywood on the back?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I almost always do the sides first...I can lay out the insides better, that way

Usually unless i need the back to be strong, 1/4" is all I use for the backs.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(09-09-2018, 04:02 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Hey Bandit

I just read on another post you sent me a #35 Stanley?  When should I expect it and thank you very much. 
Yes

It was shipped along with the Liberty Bell #122..last year.
Parts were cut to size needed.  Tenons were made..

Mortises were chopped..

Corner blocks were made..

and drilled, ready for screws...

Only to find out, I didn't have the required screws IN the shop
Upset 
Took a break, then went to Wall E World and bought a few packs...them tried the glue and clamp routine..

One rail wasn't fitting right..had it upside down....reversed it, fit much better
Winkgrin  

Corner blocks were glued and screwed into place....then set this aside.   Kind of tired right now...shop can wait until Tuesday..
Stay tuned  
Winkgrin
Is that the top or bottom or does it matter?

(09-09-2018, 10:40 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Is that the top or bottom or does it matter?

That will be the top frame, the bottom frame will have one more rail, to attach the center leg to.

Otherwise, they will be the same.
Bottom frame is done..
Cool 

Center rail is for the center foot to attach to...set it aside with the top frame..

Where'd the clamps go?  
Confused , well, once the corner blocks are installed, while things are clamped up tight, no longer needed

Center dividers:   1 x 12s needed cut to length..

At 33-1/2" long ( even found a square that was..square
Cool ) but a 1 x 12 is NOT 14" wide..so, had to ad a couple 1 x 2 strips, one on each edge ,to make a panel that was wide enough
...I can trim the excess off, later..
Winkgrin 

Here is one..the other?

Decided to hang out, with most of my clamps.  
Winkgrin 

So..I have the 2 sides done, both the top and bottom frames done, and the two dividers.   Need to get out either the #78 or the #45 and mill a rebate along the back edge of the side panels, to house a plywood back.   Then maybe some assembly work...after I trim the dividers for width...

Stay tuned...( see what happens, when I get bored on a Monday?
Rolleyes )
Busy day today...Busy, Busy ..BUSY...Glued up panels are out of the clamps...and trimmed for width..needed the saw marks removed..

Then flatten the panel...with the same plane..

Stanley No. 7c, type 9 ( $20 plane BTW)..must have been jealous of the new kid in town..
Rolleyes  

Marked a center line where these two panels will be going...drill and countersink a few holes

Drive a few screws, set things up on it's side, to see how the end panels will fit
Cool 

Yes, it IS on it's side.    wanted to see which edge to add a rebate to.....
Stay tuned, one more episode for today..
Winkgrin