I have some questions about a woodturning club
Since I have a lot of vets over different times to turn (had up to 80 at one time) in my shop.  My old turning club I went to is now moved and changed their name and since really muddied up the waters there and half the club dropped out.

To start my own turning club like an AAW one what do I need to do?

I could use all the help I can get along with links or whatever it takes to get me on the road in doing this.

Thanks
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Here is a link from the AAW website Arlin ;

https://www.woodturner.org/page/startingchapter
(09-17-2018, 10:29 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Since I have a lot of vets over different times to turn (had up to 80 at one time) in my shop.  My old turning club I went to is now moved and changed their name and since really muddied up the waters there and half the club dropped out.

To start my own turning club like an AAW one what do I need to do?

I could use all the help I can get along with links or whatever it takes to get me on the road in doing this.

Thanks

Note that the 4 club officers will need to be members of the AAW if this is an AAW Chapter. AAW offers the cheapest liability insurance which is important. Another advnatage is that the AAW provides Educational Opportunity Grants that could be used to purchase a lathe or audiovisual equipment and more.
Mike

"Start off slow and taper off."