Daily Bench Shot
(11-27-2018, 10:46 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Fresh ear corn crates have wood about that thick

I haven't seen wooden crates like that around here in many years. Wooden bushel baskets either.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
We hauled ear corn from south Alabama in those crates just a few years ago.
I'd ck in the back of the stores down there and they might have some that are headed to the dumpster.
Course it's the wrong time of the year for ear corn
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Possible though I know the back of one local store during corn time, all heavy cardboard.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(11-27-2018, 11:07 PM)jteneyck Wrote: My workbench shot today is my workbench.

[Image: Txr00aVoiPcIY9w_JCs9KZnpdDsVc6gINxZOYdU4...35-h626-no]

I built the bench maybe 25 years ago.  It had a stretchers between the leg assemblies about half way up, with a shelf on it that collected wood scraps.  I always wished it had some drawers instead.  Well I finally took the time to do it.  I moved the mid height stretchers down near the bottom, add two more near the top, with just enough room for a shallow shelf above, and then added the drawer cabinet between.  The open cubby is for easy access to the planes I use most frequently.  It's made from various offcuts of cherry I had.  Having tools close at hand will save me a few steps as I put this bench back into more frequent use now that I have my shop mostly cleared of wood.  

John

Wish I had that bench. Nice.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
(11-29-2018, 12:28 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: Wish I had that bench. Nice.
Smile

One of those days. The most constructive thing I did in my little shop was butcher a board into a box. Now what to do with a box.
Undecided
https://www.flickr.com/photos/158918054@...ed-public/
BontzSawWorks.net
It's easier to do this on the floor, so it's not a bench shot:

Cutting eight carousel horses for my daughter's dance troupe. Apparently i'm the only dad in the group that does ww'ing, so I'm the defacto Builder of the Props.

Jig saw and flush cutter for the win!

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Cool 1234567891011

(11-30-2018, 10:03 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: It's easier to do this on the floor, so it's not a bench shot:

Cutting eight carousel horses for my daughter's dance troupe.  Apparently i'm the only dad in the group that does ww'ing, so I'm the defacto Builder of the Props.

Jig saw and flush cutter for the win!

And the flush cutter was for......? smoothing the ply?
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-02-2018, 01:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: And the flush cutter was for......? smoothing the ply?

Template/pattern routing maybe.