Daily Bench Shot
(12-06-2018, 06:13 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: They are fun to make, and popular.
Yes

Mac, are any two or more pieces alike in that?
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(12-06-2018, 07:45 PM)Redman Wrote: Mac, are any two or more pieces alike in that?

You get two , mirror opposites, when you make them. I do not try to make them alike.

Video here

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-07-2018, 11:33 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: You get two , mirror opposites, when you make them. I do not try to make them alike.

Video here

Watched the video, looks easy enough just pay attention to what you are doing.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
So Steve, you keep welding rods in the open not a heated rod box. 7018's? That's bad juju.

(12-07-2018, 07:13 PM)Redman Wrote: So Steve, you keep welding rods in the open not a heated rod box. 7018's? That's bad juju.

Only in high humidity. We bought 7018 with silicon flux, cost a bit more, but solved the moisture problem.
(12-08-2018, 01:08 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Only in high humidity. We bought 7018 with silicon flux, cost a bit more, but solved the moisture problem.

I worked in an ISO 9000 certified facility for many years. Yeah it was on the Texas Gulf Coast but I've never heard of a difference in requirements based on humidity. Might be, I just haven't heard of it. As for the flux I'm not a CWI but do know that under ISO requirements your welding procedures have to be tested and proved and once proved you can not vary from them. If there is an exception for silicon flux that would be new to me and would need to be part of the welding procedure specification and general storage requirements. Gad, I'm glad I'm retired, ISO requirements seem a total PITA sometimes but to do business internationally a company really needs to comply with the stuff.

Used to just keep them in an old frig along with glue and stuff, to keep stuff from freezing.
Don't need that now that the shop stays warm all winter.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-08-2018, 09:44 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Used to just keep them in an old frig along with glue and stuff, to keep stuff from freezing.
Don't need that now that the shop stays warm all winter.

Just raggin' on ya. Nobody keeps welding rods for home use in a rod box. This isn't the right place to discuss storing welding rods.

Was not a certified welder, just a self taught(with some experienced teaching).

I did learn how to stick weld aluminum(with a pipe liner)---hint, it is very fast!