Daily Bench Shot
(12-08-2018, 10:36 AM)Redman Wrote: Just raggin' on ya. Nobody keeps welding rods for home use in a rod box. This isn't the right place to discuss storing welding rods.

Worked with some boys out of KC (Midwest Mechanical?) a few times (boiler work) that carried around a electric heated box for their welding rod. When those guys showed up to replace/weld the boiler tubes, things got expensive.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Saw maintenance on one of my saws today. Change out the rim sprocket as when the chain gets a tad loose, the chain will jump off the rim sometimes.
So a teardown was in order, then I found that the package of replacement rims I bought some years ago are to small.
I forgot that I had changed the sprocket assembly over to a Oregon brand.
Rolleyes
Rolleyes

Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-08-2018, 12:55 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Worked with some boys out of KC (Midwest Mechanical?) a few times (boiler work) that carried around a electric heated box for their welding rod. When those guys showed up to replace/weld the boiler tubes, things got expensive.
Laugh

Yup they got to follow the AWS rules and whatever other rules the work requires. Non-dry flux contributes to cracks, bad juju.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(12-08-2018, 12:29 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Was not a certified welder, just a self taught(with some experienced teaching).

I did learn how to stick weld aluminum(with a pipe liner)---hint, it is very fast!

Nor was I. Journeyman machinist, Journeyman inspector. Senior inspector of machining, No. 2 of welding, and assembly inspection, master of none. First thing I learned after finishing machinist apprenticeship is that there are no masters.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Alright, I wanna see those dirty, full benches.
Slap
Or the clean ones.
Winkgrin

Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Slap  you asked....

So far I haven't found a dang thing to assemble it with......this is going to take a lot of beer.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

Wut?? Hey what's all the pink things?? Pink???
Raised  
Slap

I'm not even attempting to guess what's laying there. Nope......no.......not........
No 

Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Almost finished a new little friend to help me in the shop today. I've been wanting to make one for a while, so I drug out some thick white oak I had extra in the wood rack. 21" between screws. Still waiting on the leather. 
[Image: 46269185811_f8c74f670c_z.jpg]" />[Image: 45356655355_4ce428ed13_z.jpg]" />
BontzSawWorks.net
Made for holding a saw?
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-11-2018, 01:26 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Made for holding a saw?

Nah. My ACME does that. This is just for holding medium to wide and longer boards for dovetailing etc.. Although, I did think about that.
Winkgrin
BontzSawWorks.net