Drying Rack
After getting fed up with taking up every horizontal surface in my shop when finishing, I finally broke down and built a couple drying racks.

I have a lot of 6/4 poplar left over from a project several years and used it for the racks, but could have easily used 2x's from the local box stores.

I made different lengths of stretchers so I can widen the rack as needed.  10" stretchers are installed in this pic.  Four 3/8" bolts hold it together with threaded inserts installed in the ends of the stretchers along with 3/8 dowels glued into each stretcher to keep it from twisting.

7/16" dowels are used for the racks.  I drilled 29/64" holes on a 3* angle into the uprights.  Dowels are cut to 16" long.  I can insert the dowels as needed for the amount of parts to be dried.

Casters from Menards make it easy to push it around the shop and out of the way while parts dry.

Knocks down and assemble in just a minute and takes no space hardly to store.

I'm pretty happy with it AND my table saw and benches are no longer use for drying 
Big Grin

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Looks good. You got a lot more *fancy* than I did with mine when I had it.
Cool

I made mine for doors and trim. It held something like 20-24 doors I think.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nicely done, especially that they break down and store easily.  Clearly, I need to do something like that.  This was my shop last week.  

[Image: 1yZnIR-0E_6rk1bAnc0Fz-hNxkcIXlBFP_oVi1N7...06-h566-no]
I bought my bandsaw from a Woodnetter a couple of years ago, and he had a rack similar to the one you made. I thought then it  was a good idea (and still do), and decided to make one. Never did...though now you've reminded me I should probably go ahead and do it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
So I see I am  not the only one that does not have a dedicated finish room. I sweep the room turn on the air cleaner for a couple of hours and then do the finishing. Just can't use the equipment while finishing.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I have a 16x16 finish room, but dismantled the wall shelving and pulled the evac fan from the wall, as I'm not running a cab business now. Turned it into storage.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

that's a nice rack.. its going on my to build list
(01-31-2019, 04:15 PM)DaveBozeman Wrote: that's a nice rack.. its going on my to build list

Why is the movie Young Frankenstein coming to mind?
Wink
Nice. I've often thought of that. What I use now is a bunch of sawhorses I made from 1x pine and scraps (8 of them, stackable) and a bunch of hollow core doors from when my brother replaced all the interior doors in his house. So I kind of revert to that instead of making a rack.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
That's a nice rack. It reminds me of a rack a friend of mine built recently. (Picture here.) His is expandable in width which suits his needs quite well. Right now he's doing finishing work on molding he's installing in his house. Later he can use it for cabinet doors.