A different competition on Super Bowl Sunday
I am not a sports fan, and from the comments I see on Facebook, I did not miss much! 
I spent my weekend judging the Furniture projects submitted for the Florida State Fair! 

First time doing it, my wife and I had a wonderful time. A wide range of projects and many were positively exquisite. It took us 5 hours on Saturday to examine and score all the entries, then we spent a few more hours on Sunday talking through everything with the 40 or so makers and fans that showed up. 

This is all before the fair opens so that they will be on display during the show. www.floridastatefair.com if you want to see them.

I highly encourage entry into these shows if you want a challenge to expand your skills. While there were some great pieces, none were perfect and there are classes for different skill levels. I may write a blog about what I saw and advice for future entrants.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I've entered a couple projects in the local county fair up here. One did a little better than the other....
Smirk

I would think judging might indeed be a blast...
Yes

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Wonder why their website doesn’t have anything?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(02-04-2019, 06:32 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Wonder why their website doesn’t have anything?

From what I understand, over 3000 entries were submitted for all of the various exhibitions. Everything from woodworking to food to sewing to art. Probably too much to add to the website.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.