Just wondering about the Stanley threads
on what tpi they were??

I know awhile back guys were looking to re-tap threads inside the beds and die the threads on the nuts and would like the tap and die to do this.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-11-2019, 03:45 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: on what tpi they were??

I know awhile back guys were looking to re-tap threads inside the beds and die the threads on the nuts and would like the tap and die to do this.

Everything you wanted to know about Stanley threading..... attached Part 1

Attached Files
.pdf   Stanley Planes and Screw Threads - Part 1.pdf (Size: 814.4 KB / Downloads: 445)
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-11-2019, 03:58 PM)Admiral Wrote: Everything you wanted to know about Stanley threading..... attached Part 1

Now Part 2....

Attached Files
.pdf   Stanley Planes and Screw Threads - Part 2.pdf (Size: 931.83 KB / Downloads: 383)
Thanks, Admiral!  Those two were worth printing out for later review.
Thanks Admiral. Great resources. Downloaded and saved.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Thank you Rich

So I got some of this info

"However, each plane also has two simple studs; one securing the front knob and the other fixing the handle. As parts go these studs have nil intellectual property value, are very simple to manufacture and feature wide tolerances."

On the first one it mentioned the studs are either 12-20 or 1/4/20 and wondering which is which for the years?

So which one is for the steel bodies?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Thanks for the links to those articles, Admiral.  That was very interesting reading.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(02-12-2019, 04:10 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: Thanks for the links to those articles, Admiral.  That was very interesting reading.

The same guy wrote an article on historical steel types.....

Attached Files
.pdf   Historical Steel - The Traditional Tools Group.pdf (Size: 1.39 MB / Downloads: 1,392)
Rich

So which one is used for the steel bodies 12-20 or 1/4-20???  Or is it both of them???

The 12-20 would be the OEM on the Stanley....1/4-20 usually means  someone had to repair the parts....or, it may mean you have bolts from Millers Falls...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that